38

Let me get something straight with my readers, currently I'm in no state to write a very happy chapter. There's been some personal problems going on in my life that are making me completely sick to my stomach. That's one of the big reasons I haven't been updating as much as I used to, or even as much as I promised I would.

I apologize for that, but with all do respect, please have some patience with me and the book.

   §

   "I don't know what's gotten into me." I mumble, looking up at Ryan. I blacked out and pinned him against the wall. It wasn't even in a sexual way. It was aggressive, like he had threatened me.

I know he didn't. I run my fingers through my hair and let out a breath. I had been stressed these past couple of weeks. I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy, and I'm just a bottle of nerves.

I don't feel comfortable. My feet always ache, and I feel like I'm always so rude to Ryan when he's nothing but nice to me.

"It's okay, sweetheart." He says, running his fingers over my cheekbone and giving me a soft smile. I smile back, lean into his hand on my face.

"I'm no doctor," he mumbles, pressing a hand against my stomach. I can feel the baby move. "But I think you're moody because your pregnant." He chuckles leaning forward and pressing his lips against my nose.

I smile. "Very, very pregnant, actually." He comments. I press my lips to his softly, he smiles and pulls away before anything further can happen.

I pout. I take a seat on the edge of the bed and look up at him. His hair is wet from a recent shower, and there's still droplets of water running down his chest.

"I'm too fat for you now, that's it, right?" I say. My bottom lip quivers  I look down at my hand. My ring shines in my eye. I haven't taken it off since Ryan put it on me.

I'm so happy with him. Ryan's eyes were furrowed close together. "Of course not, Taylor. Why would you even think that? Your not fat, first of all. Your pregnant. Even if you were fat, I would still want you the way that I want you right now. You and I both know that. I want you. So bad. I just don't want my wolf to hurt you, or even the baby. Please don't ever say something like that. If I didn't want you I wouldn't have married you a few months ago." He says. He looks more confused than angry with me.

He cups my cheek, leans down and presses his lips against mine. They move in sync for a few seconds and then he pulls away. "I love you, Taylor." He says softly.

I give him a half smile and meet his eyes. "I love you too."  I whisper. He looks down at me for awhile, looks towards the door and let's out a breath.

"I hate to leave you, baby. Are you sure you don't want me to stay?" He asks. I sit there, shrug my shoulders. I don't want him to leave, but he has a pack to run.

"You have to go, or the entire pack will fall apart." I say. "Besides, Lucas will be here watching me like always. He's a great sitter." I smile. He smiles, shows off his teeth.

"I'll only be gone for a week." He says leaning down and kissing me. He feels bad for having to leave. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him back. 

He stops my hands when they go for his pants. It's not really me, but my wolf. She's going mad without him. He smiles, kisses my lips, leans down presses his lips to my stomach and rests his forehead there.

He lifts his head, kisses me once more and stands to his feet. "I'll see you guys soon, okay?" He looks distant when he's telling me goodbye.

"Okay." I say, wiping the wetness from my mouth.

"I love you." He says softly. It's obvious he doesn't want to leave.

"I love you too, please be safe." He says. He nods his head.

"You too, sweetheart. Now please don't make this harder than it is a get to sleep. It's three in the morning." He mumbles softly. I give him a forced smile, curl into the blankets and close my eyes.

I fall asleep, trying not to think of Ryan leaving at this hour. It's hard, but I get through it.