Chapter Forty-Six; Déjà vu

ᴅÉᴊÀ ᴠᴜ, ᴏʟɪᴠɪᴀ ʀᴏᴅʀɪɢᴏ

Whilst Chris Redfield rose from debris and the voice within his ear commanded him to head to the gate, Heisenberg, Ethan and Rose, established as the strangest shaped family, made haste in the castle. Rose pushed aside any worry she'd heard echo from Redfield's side of the fight; she couldn't be hesitant, not as her time dawned on her.

Out beneath the limelight of horrors, Rose remained under the loose guardianship of Heisenberg and Ethan, listening fearfully to their melees and tightly held the last moment she saw her father.

"I don't want to leave you again...I feel I have to be here with you!"

A hug, not as soft as Chris's and weathered but anew, introducing her body to a unique pink in her face and contentment within her heart.

"I'll see you soon; don't worry, Rosemary."

"Please let that be soon," she whispered to the blue halls, feeling as though she shrunk or became a little doll in Mother Miranda's playhouse. She tiptoed to the courtroom, where not so long before her had she witnessed her father's heart torn from his chest and heard all the awful spills from Heisenberg's lips; it was difficult to hear him the same.

Rounding corners in a hasty pace, the teenager closed on their meeting point and so did the couple, fraught with the final wrath of the sisters before they withered into ice and snow. The true plan would soon commence alas Rose was snagged by an early apparition of their finale fight; Mother Miranda grew impatient and shot through the courtroom's doorway, now a dark wiggling pit of mold. Alive and twitching, squirming, and screaming mold and the horrific mutation alternating between a goddess and something bigger...larger...propounding terror. Rose screamed, face almost ripping in half like her heart, shredded by the intense pounds and thumps against the cage of her chest.

Holy shit, dad, where are you? No, Rose. Breathe...you need to get close.

"Eveline!" Mother Miranda cawed and with the raise of a taloned hand, a reaching pillar shot towards the girl. "Come here, I want to get a better look at you!"

Rose's left shoulder broke the ground, cartwheeling clumsily from the grasp.

You need to get closer—come on, Rose. Remember the plan!

She repeated the move thrice until deciding best to change her strategy, launching off hinds and her ankles nicking the edge of Miranda's power. However, as she ignored until too late, the pursuit had cornered her within the room of trembling walls and shaking rafters.

Perfect, even if it didn't yet seem it.

Ethan crashed through the doorway, shouting out and seeming a little bloodier than normal; maybe even weaker. The adrenaline surged in a rushing violence, shoving him into the room when Rose was knocked by her backside and her nose smushed into the mold. Momentarily stunned, she was hindered enough for Miranda to finally cradle her despite the raging protests of Ethan, the blond man flinging himself into the line of danger with a misally handgun; you've done this once before, you sure as hell can do it again.

"Put my daughter down you psycho bitch!" he screamed, hair flailing across his damp face, and he fired.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Miranda screeched in a thousand stolen tones and voices, wrecking the ceiling and a rain of debris shattered down. Ethan tucked and rolled forth as the severed arm broke away with Rose in clutch. Alas, she pushed away her father's arms which caught her from collapsing and plunged her hand in her jacket, waiting.