chapter four | ava paige

"doctor, she is by the river with subject A5."

"yes, i can see that janson." i replied to the man who sometimes i think is delusional. it looks like they are walking away and going to the main middle of the glade. now she's by herself but she is walking towards the entrance.

"we are going to cause a commotion janson," i said to him but still looking at the screens.

"are you sure that is a good idea doctor, i mean what if-" janson started to talk but i cut him off .

"yes janson, its a good idea, but first lets confuse subject A0," i said with a slight smirk creeping onto the side of my lips. i pressed the red button and pressed 'go further' and also 'don't stop' i went back to the group A screens and i saw her going further and further but it lead to a massive outbreak from subject A0, which is exactly what i wanted. but one thing that i didn't want to happen was the face of subject A5.

looks like he will have to be punished.

YOUR POV

i have calmed down. i think i have at least. that look on newt's face made me feel pissed and devilish at the same time. i am now by myself on my hammock facing the roof of the hut, thinking of my next step.

'okay, so now i want to-' i thought but then i realised that i cant do anything in this danger pit. i can only really annoy newt, but that's probably enough for now. for a day at most. i need to do something, i just don't know what. it was now time for bed and i tried to fall asleep, but i can't.

its either i have too much on my mind, or the sound of minho's snoring overpowering all of my thoughts, so i got up. obviously i went towards the river and threw rocks again. its much more calming here, there are no boys, no danger, just me myself and i. and the river. this was much more of a home that the glade is. this is why i prefer to be by myself. i can relax and not think too much. it's so nice. until a certain british boy comes and ruins all of my me-time.

"what you doing out here greenie? alone again?" newt said and sat beside me

"haha, you're very funny blondie," i said with a slight smirk now on my face.

"blondie ay?" he said moving closer to me.

"yes blondie, because of your blonde hair idiot," i explained like a teacher.

"oh you'll regret that," and with that, he shoved me into the river. i screamed and came back to the top

"OI!" i shouted rubbing the water from my face and eyes.

"not so funny is it-" he said but i quickly decided to grab onto his arm and pull him down with me.

"who's laughing now blondie?" i said while laughing my head off. he started to chase me around the river pretending to be a predator.

'he is so weird' i thought to myself while laughing my head off.

'wow this is the first time i've laughed in this shucked-up place'.

i never really thought i could have a fun time in this hell, but newt showed me different. by this time, we both had our fun and was now sitting on the rock we began sitting on with newt throwing rocks in the river and me scrunching up my h/c (hair color) hair to try and dry it up a bit.

"that was fun," newt said, continuing to throw stones and all sorts into the water in front of us.

"yeah" i agreed now finishing with my hair and looking at him. then he looked at me. we were both looking at each other. it felt kinda magical to be with newt. he was the one to show me how to have a good time and i appreciate him for that. it was quiet and soothing listening to the water cascade, the wind howling and the trees rustling, but all i could focus on was newt. right when i though something could happen a loud, male voice came towards us and who was it? obviously it was minho.