The Proposal Part 2: Prepping for the Proposal

Sorry! This is going to be a SUPER short one. I haven't had much time, so, I have to write a short chapter. Plus, the premise of this one isn't long. it could be long, but in this case it will be short. In the next week and a half I probobly won't update. I am going to California to visit my grandparents and cousins. - Ro 

Mike stood in front of his bedroom mirror. He was practicing his well planned out speech to ask El to be his wife. "I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you." he rehersed. "No. No, it's all wrong. I just can't say it right!" he muttered. Mike didn't know how to get it right. He had concidered calling Max or one of his other friends but decided against it. He was 18, he should have been able to do this. Suddenly there was a knock on his door. 

"Mike? Can I come in?" asked a voice, Mike identified it as Nancy. 

"Yeah," said Mike as he stood and put the ring on his desk. 

"You practicing?" asked Nancy.  

"Yeah," Mike replied. Nancy was home for the summer from college. She went to Purdue, where Mike was going. Jonathan went NYU, just as he had always wanted. The two had done well to maintain their relationship, even long distance. Mike was lucky that he and El were going to the same school. Then they wouldn't have to do long distance, even though Mike knew that they could handle it.

"I know that this is probobly really hard, and stressful, but why don't you just say what comes to you in the moment. El would love that." 

"I just don't want to blank," Mike said.

"But what is you blank trying to remember the speech?" asked Nancy.

"Good point." Mike chewed his lip. "I guess I just have the plan to work off of."

"Now that sounds good." said Nancy. She walked over and hugged her younger brother. 

"El will love it," she whispered. "I just know it."