episode 1: The sun rises

It's been a year since Kion left the pridelands. Kiara was slightly worried about him since the last she heard from him was 2 months ago. She shrugged the feelings off. At the moment, she didn't have time to think about that. The pridelands were having, or more as had, a serious threat to its long term survival. Since it's down the pride landers haven't been very friendly to other carnivores and Scar's hellish rule was a testament to that.

Cheetahs were almost completely wiped out. Fuli being the last remains of a once common hunter, most leopards fled to the backlands for refuge. Jackals fled to the outlands and Jasiri's long dead relatives were killed by Scar supporting hyenas. What made it worse was that most lionesses in the pridelands just listened to Scar, That's what made it so uncomfortable.

Kiara only learned about this today and it's been bugging her for the whole day. Granted, most of the lionesses that followed Scar closely are either dead or left the pridelands to reform their lives, but it didn't shake the feeling that something or someone like Scar would throw the pridelands into chaos once again.

Kiara didn't care what it took, she was going to make sure that the pridelands doesn't fall in the wrong hands, and if it does, those responsible would suffer.

She was snapped out of that thought train by Kovu." Hey... Kiara are you ok?
,you've been sitting here for awhile." Kovu said concerned.
" Oh... yeah, I'm fine....just... dosed off."
"That-"
"I'm fine Kovu."
He sighed, he knew what was wrong. He was in cave when Nala told her. He knew trying to talk to her now would be pointless." Ok, if you need me I'll be with my sister." With that Kovu walked off.

Walking into the lion guard cave he was greeted with the usual, she was sleeping with her cubs. It's been 3 months since they were born and Vitani is still conflicted about them and the fact that the father abandoned her doesn't help her situation. The rest of the guard where trying to help animals or hunting.

He knew well enough that waking her up would piss her off. And yet he it never stopped him." Hey sis-" as he expected she tackled him with seconds.
"What do you want?" She snapped before realizing it was her brother.
"Oh I was just checking in" Kovu replied
"I swear.... if they wake up..."
"I'm dead, yeah I've heard it before."
She finally calmed down. She sat back down next to her cubs. She was curious about something.
" So how did Kiara react."
"Badly."
"Not surprised, I wouldn't either."
"Well you aren't reacting with-"
"Yes I know,can we not talk about them."

"If you don't-" before Kovu could finish
"I do" she answered unsual sure about her answer." I'm sure you do." Kovu wasn't sure if she heard since she was long asleep. Kovu had a feeling that this was going to be his daily routine for awhile, but he was sure it was look up soon.

Soon