episode 5: dry season

The African Savannah burned almost any animal that walked throw it, however the heat was never as bad as it is now. It was so terrible most animals didn't even bother to leave their dens. The carnivores however, didn't have that luxury. They need to eat and while the sun was scorching, it was a perfect time for them to hunt any animals still astray.

Vitani sighed, she would much rather stay in the guard's den and raise her cubs, but decided not to. She didn't really remember why and she didn't want to. It was only her and Kasi patrolling today, the rest were either resting in the pond or sleeping." Why are we out here? Their aren't any animals anywhere, it's just sun and dust." Kasi complained." Exactly, we just have to find some prey and take back to pride rock simple." Vitani said, mustering up as much energy as she could.

She quickened her pace, as much as Kasi didn't want to speed up. She didn't really have a choice. They made their way to one of the few watering holes left. Despite it being one of the few left, there weren't any animals there. Kasi grunted in frustration.
" Great! There's no one here! Just as expected."
"But... why? Wouldn't everyone want to at the watering hole?"
"Unless there's something here than no."

The two stood in silence.was there someone here?. As if on cue, a large lioness rised from behind a rock. It was carrying a freshly slaughtered zebra. Kasi growled as she approached." What's wrong? Aren't you happy you don't have to hunt for yourself,rat" the lioness scowled. Vitani didn't respond, she didn't want to respond.
" If you think we're going to thank-"
"Shut up Kasi."
With that Kasi stopped. The lioness walked over to Vitani." What's wrong, little one? To much of a coward to speak?"

The lioness was far older than the two of them. She was born around the time Scar still ruled the pridelands. Back when it was follow Scar or die. As much as Vitani felt alittle bad for her as she never planned to be a warrior. Any simplify Vitani had for vanished the day she first spoke to her." what do you want from me Aziza?" Vitani Asked.

"Nothing really, I was lying around and,then you outsiders showed up." Aziza replied. The lioness simply dropped the corpse in front of her before walking off, but not before commenting " see you later, try not to burn to death."Vitani sighed." Let's just get back to pride rock." And with that the to of them slowly made their way back to the rock.

The outlands weren't faring any better.
Most the residents of this canion valley
Where hanging out near a large lake found near where Jasiri and friends live. Other than the heat everything was fine, until." Stop her!" A young jackal yelled. Janja was lying down near the lake. He barely heard the cries of the jackal as it chased the large lioness. When he finally got on his paws, he gathered himself before running after the lioness.