chapter 7: the avoided question

okay hi, i an extremely sorry i didn't update this sooner i would've but i ended up going on vacation a lot sooner and longer than i expected. on top of that i needed a mental break too <3

[sorry this part is so long]

*you wake up to the sound of rain hitting your window, you look over at your phone, it's 3:20 in the morning. you look over and see hunter, his arm is wrapped around your waist you move closer to him and rest your head on him, hunter wakes up and starts rubbing your arm and kisses you on your forehead. he whispers in your ear in his sleepy voice "you okay?" you roll back over so your facing him you kiss him on the lips he smirks and he closes his eyes to go back to sleep. you fall asleep listening to the rain and his heart beat. {skip time to the morning} you wake up and see hunter isn't there, you look around your room and he isn't in there. you go downstairs to see if he's down with your sister, you see her on the couch eating a cookie and drinking hot chocolate.*

Y/n: where did you get that? 

E: hunter... he stopped bye after church and dropped off starbucks he got you a coffee. he didn't stay bc he had to go to lacrosse. 

Y/n: Church? and lacrosse, what time is it?!

E: 2?

Y/n: i slept for over 12 hours. omfg. mom? where's mom. 

E: she's over at our other neighbors house, they invited her over for lunch, 

y/n: oh ok um im gonna go shower text me if hunter shows up

E: okay i will

Y/n: thanks. 

*you shower and check your phone*

E: hey, hunter didn't come over. did he text you? 

y/n: yeah he texted me. he's coming over after lacrosse 

E: yay! can we go swimming. 

Y/n: yeah that's fine. 

*you and emma go get changed into swim suits and you sit on a beach chair thing {i don't fucking know what their called} hunter eventually comes over and changed into his swimsuit knowing that your sister would want to swim you stand up to go get a drinks for you hunter, and emma.  hunter sneaks up behind you and picks you up and throws you in the pool and he jumps in after he threw you in. *

y/n: you little bi-

*hunter placed his hands on your shoulders and dunks you under the water, he goes under with you. you open your eyes underwater and see long brown shaggy hair and you can see him smiling almost laughing at you*

y/n: what the actual hell. 

h: hey hey hey heyyyy language [he looks over at emma and she's laughing at him* 

y/n: my god im sorry 

h: i was joking...your cute when your annoyed

E: wait are you guys dat- 

y/n & hunter: NO 

h: we're friends. really good friends

y/n: what he said 

*your mom drives up the driveway and she hears laughing and slashing. hunter get out of the pool to get a glass of lemonade. and drys off his hair and wraps a towel around his waist and he goes inside*

h: oh hey..i'm just getting a drink y/n and emma are out swimming if you're looking for them.

k: no no, it's fine do you need help bringing the drinks out? 

h: yeah actually. 

*hunter and your mom start walking out of the house and out to the backyard*

k: so are you guys like dating or anything?

h: oh no we're just friends 

k: oh i was just wondering, you guys are hanging out a lot, 

h: nope we're not dating. but she's pretty cool

k: ouhhhh okay so you like her 

h: i'm not sure yet

k: i wont tell her i promise. if you decide to tell her it's fine with me. i like having you around.

h: oh ok...hey guys i have our drinks 

e: thanks hunter.

y/n: thanks looser. 

h: here

*hunter wraps the towel your shoulders and hands your drink. your mom starts to smile and look at you guys*

y/n: mom omg no. we're just friends. 

k: alright alright

h: [he whispers in your ear] see adorable when you're annoyed.

y/n: so when does school start? 

h: not for another 2 months. oh and there is a summer camp a month before school starts. a lot of people from our school go and i think you would like it

y/n: seems cool how long does it last for 

h: 2 weeks 

y/n: holy shit, mom can i go 

k: 1 language 2 yeah i don't care that's your choice i trust hunter enough to take you so yeah.

y/n: yessss thanks 

k: i'm gonna make dinner, hunter do you want stay 

h: oh no. i'm fine my mom wanted to have me over tonight anyways. 

k: oh okay yeah that's fine. 

*your mom goes back inside and starts dinner and emma gets back in the pool while u and hunter are sitting on the edge of the pool on your phones kinda awkwardly*

h: oh my mom texted me i have to get back for dinner.

y/n: oh okay, i had a good time with you today. 

h: yeah same. [he watches emma until she does back underwater and then he kisses you on the cheek] 

k: {yelling from the kitchen}  girls dinner

emma & y/n: ok coming!!

* you finish dinner and you get ready for bed. you get in your bed and turn on greys anatomy and get a call from hunter you answer it. he talked to you abt your day and he told you more abt himself, after 2 hours it's almost midnight, you fall asleep but you can kinda still hear him talking. after a few minutes he realized you you fell "asleep" *

h: goodnight y/n...i'll talk to you tomorrow 

y/n: goodnight hunter...

h: night cutie.

*he hangs up and you plug your phone in and turn on the tv

***i'll honestly try and update this tomorrow it's honestly 4 am and i'm exhausted. soooo gn <33***