Episode 01: The Devil of the Rhine

The screen lights up, showing the ground exploding, dirt flies high as an artillery shell hits the ground, smoke of grey were what came after it.

Soldiers in blue uniform, wearing red caps, Republican Forces, can be seen on no man's land. Artillery shell contacting with the ground, detonating, taken aback the soldiers as they fall back. As they do so, several more artillery shells came to their previous location.

"Wait..." Al voiced out.

"Isn't this just world war one?" Emilia asks. After watching the horrors of Subaru's home world and it's war, the images of the trenches and gasses from world war one is still engraved in her mind.

"It is I suppose." Beatrice replies.

"I thought we were gonna see another world!" Mimi yelled, making the cast yell 'Yeah!'.

"Should have known it's another trick of yours Echidna, thanks!" Subaru spat out.

"Oh but it is another world." Echidna replied with a smirk.

"Pardon me, what?" Crusch asks.

Satella's shivering form, clung to Subaru. "J-Just watch and see for yourself.." She said to them.

Subaru was confused why Satella was shivering. Sure she saw the brutality of Earth's wars, but it's the same thing from last time right? Echidna is pulling off a prank, he knows it.

Several artillery pieces can be seen, firing one after the other. As the last artillery fired, the camera panned to where the smoke from the barrel goes, until the vast field of no man's land can be seen, ground erupting as the shells hit the earth.

Scene changes to a soldier in grey uniform and has a spiked helmet, Imperial Soldier, anticipating for his officer's command. Rather worried and horrified at what's about to happen, breathing heavily.

Then several soldiers in a trench can be seen. Like the first soldier, these soldiers were also anticipating for the signal to charge into a rain of bullets, into the mushy landscape, into hell.

Then their officer blows his whistle as he check his watch, signaling his men to go into the fray.

With that, the men got out of their trenches, with their war cry, they ran out of their trenches, and into death's field. Some were already shot as they got out of their trench. One was hit in the shoulder, the other on the head, and the other on his chest.

Even after the viewing of world war one, the cast were slack jawed at the sight. These men's fate, was cruel. They felt pity for them, and wished that they've found rest on the other side. The knights bowed their heads on the men who had fallen, and for those who will fall.

Scene changes to those who were lucky enough to not get shot while getting of their trench. But their fate was the same. Two men died because of an artillery shell hitting the ground beneath them, the other was shot through his neck. All hell was unleashed upon these poor souls, trying to capture the enemy's trench.

"Dear Od..." Fredrica covers her mouth at how brutal and painful these men died. Petra was clinging on to Fredrica's blouse, shaking in horror of the sight.

"They can't even been healed..." Felix grits his teeth. This was brutal and inhumane. He hated witnessing this for the second time. Thanks to the Witch of Greed they have to watch this brutality unfold.

Wilhelm plays some moments of world war one in his mind. He never thought war could develop into such bloodshed. He already witnessed the taste of war, and it was something he never want to experience again.