Befriending Rui

Previously on,
Will you become a part of my family?

"Sorry about attacking you. Even though you are one of the twelve kizuki.....I apologise." She said bowing a few times.

The strange feeling still stuck to Rui......it felt like a fly who had gotten trapped in a spider's web. He couldn't shake off the feeling, he didn't even know what it was......

-- The Present --

Normal P.O.V

"Um......are you alright there? You seem to be in a state of shock" She said, waving her hand infront of Rui's face.

Rui snapped out of his state and looked at her worried yet friendly face.

"I am alright......thank you" He said unexpectedly.

"Oh......no problem! Anyways, I'm Y/N! What's your name?" She asked.

"I'm......Rui" He said quietly.

"Nice name! Do you want to become friends? I'd love to have you as my fellow friend!" She asked cheerfully.

Friends? She wants to become friends......with me? What's a friend? Rui thought.

"What's a friend?" He asked out loud his thought.

"Oh! Well, a friend is like someone who you can trust and they're someone who will be with you the whole way. Though sometimes the relationship between the two can sometimes be broken." She said, being proud of her brief explanation.

Rui, took in all your words. Thinking to himself once again.

So.......is a friend like family?

"So....is a friend like family?" He unconsciously spoke.

She thought for a bit, before answering him.

"Hmm.....kinda. But not quite. Friends and Family are some what different from each other. As of family, we do not choose them. We are born to them and learn to live with them. As for friends, we choose our friends based on our shared aspects and on what we can develop a bond with them with. As well as on how if we feel good around them or not. But yeah, they're the same in a way but not as much as you think." She said.

"I see......well. I'll be glad to become your friend Y/n" He said.

"Wait- really?? You will actually become my friend?" She said in unbelief.

"Yes I will" He said.

She squealed and started jumping all around the place.

Yes! I knew my plan would actually work! Ha! Do not define the great Y/n! She thought.

She happily hugged Rui, who was shorter than her since he was younger than her.

"Yay! Arigato! You are now my new friend!" She said, letting go of Rui.

He just stood there with the strange feeling creeping into his chest once again. He placed his hand on his chest as the feeling became a warm, comforting feeling. He looked up at the happy girl, his thoughts starting wonder once again.

Is this what I was missing....? A friend?

He thought, as another one crossed his mind.

If I can develop a bond with her as a friend......maybe she can become my family after? It could be an exception...... We'll just have to wait and see what fate bestows upon us.

She walked to him and grabbed his hand.

"Let's go Ru-Kun! Let's go somewhere and hang out!" She said guiding him in a direction.

Rui followed her pursuit as she walked cheerfully towards a place within the mountain.

I wonder........could Y/n become my sibling? Could she become a part of my family? Will she be willing to? Or will I have to force her to? I'll have to wait for fate to decide for me. In the meantime, I shall enjoy Y/N's company.
Rui thought.

~Few minutes later~

You and Rui were on a piece of web, watching the moon. It seemed like the night was a clear night with no clouds in sight. It was rare for you to relax and enjoy the night. Without any demons, who would temporarily sneak up on you and try to send you to your death. You enjoyed this......Rui was calm and quiet, which you hardly found in a friend- besides Giyu. He was also one of your friends......that's what you considered though. You didn't even know if Giyu wanted to become your friend......but you just went along with it. You also had some other friends, which were some of the hashira but not all of them. Sanemi and Obanai were the only ones who didn't like you, much to your hope. Since you were a demon, they didn't like or respect you. Even if you vowed your life to protect humans.....they still ended up not taking a liking in you.

You and Rui found some interesting similarities. You both were quite weak when you wore born but, you worked harder to get stronger. As for Rui, he got turned into a demon by him. You shared your experience of turning into a demon by the same person and told him that you were one of the twelve kizuki. You showed him your eye which red, 'lower zero'. He was surprised, that you were one of the twelve kizuki. You told him to keep it a secret and not to tell him or anyone else. He agreed and moved onto another subject. He told you that he sought out a family and that he gained his own, by saving them from slayers. He asked you if you wanted to meet them and you agreed.......

---------------------------------------------------------

×Short Chapter×
Continued in the next chapter 😌

919 Words! 🤩🤩🤩🤩

✨Mysterious out!✨