Dinner.

When the dinner table was all set, Wei Ying took one seat and said:

- Won't you be joining me, my love?

There was a ring to his voice, a light in his words, just like before, or so it seemed to Lan Zhan. He stood up, and sat opposite Wei Ying, who, seeing this, frowned a little.

- OK, I see how this is going to be.  –  he said calmly, starting to eat.

- How? – Lan Zhan asked simply.

- Ah, Lan Zhan, don't be so mad at me! It was your brother's idea!  –  Wei Wuxian rolled his eyes, picking up some more food.  –  Obviously, it is a life-and-death situation. Of course, I came.  –  he cast a glance at Lan Zhan for a second and he noticed that for a second there Wei Ying's face was distorted by pain.

- A life-and-death situation? I see.  – Lan Zhan answered sarcastically. 

And then:

- Are you real?

Wei Ying looked at him sheepishly. However, he was also very worried. Lan Zhan was thinking he is dreaming him up. 

"This is going to be harder than I thought." –  he bit his lip.

- Real? Oh, I am very very  real! I think the real question here is  –  are you real, Lan Zhan? You look like a ghost to me!  –  Wei Ying scoffed.

Now it was Lan Zhan's turn to look at himself sheepishly.

- Why? –  he asked genuinely surprised.

Wei Ying gaped. That idiot. He could be extremely dense sometimes.

- Lan Zhan, do you mean to tell me you haven't noticed?

- Noticed what?

Wei Ying shook his head, and stood up and circled the table, quite demonstratively, and took a seat next to Lan Zhan. The two were now practically touching. Wei Ying reached out his right hand and asked gently:

- May I?

He knew he had to do this very slowly; Lan Zhan was in a worse state than he had expected. Lan Xichen had been right.

The pale boy nodded, blushing slightly.

Wei Ying took his thin hand and slowly put it to his face so that Lan Zhan's palm was cupping and feeling his burning cheek. He closed his eyes as he said with a sigh:

- I am  real. 

and then: 

- Oh how I have missed this.... Lan Zhan... I have missed you so much...

Lan Zhan blinked, unwittingly shedding tears he hadn't noticed were in his eyes. Wei Ying was looking at him with such tenderness that he was doing his best not to start crying.

- Wei Ying... -  he whispered.

- Lan Zhan, you must eat. Do you understand?  –  he was watching how his words were reaching Lan Zhan too slowly as if from a great distance. – Please? For me?

Lan Zhan did not understand how the two things were related, but Wei Ying was looking at him with such a pity that he just nodded.

- Will you stay? Really stay?  –  he muttered.

- Yes. I am staying.  –  Wei Ying confirmed.

He took a small bite and brought it to Lan Zhan's lips.

- But only  if you eat.  –  he said gently.

Lan Zhan nodded and opened his mouth.