Hopeman (Mina)

I never felt like I was normal, maybe it was a sign. My name is Y/N Y/LN, I grew up in a little town called Ashes in the deep country of Texas, USA. There was a majority of white people over there, witch I was part of, then some afros, a bunch of latinos but only one asian family who use to run the only thrift shop of Ashes. It might sound uninteresting, but that shop was in fact one of the best memories I had from my hometown, because I use to play there with Mina, my best friend forever.

We where neightbours since her family came to Ashes and bought the little cottage at the other side of my Dad's corn fields, so Mina and me we use to play together since we were 6 years old.

She knows most of everything about me and helped me trough many things, from the day I got stucked in a corner of the playing field by a bunch of bullies in middle school to the day I lost my Mom, because of her cancer. And I was there for her to, from the night she got lost in the corn field because she was 10 years old and to small to see over the corns to the day her parents got divorced.

So my Dad and her Mom got closer because of us. They're always helping each other and when Mina and me come back home we always do it together and make a big party at my Dad's the four of us.

But Mina doesn't know everything about me. The biggest secret I have is only kept by my Dad now, since my Mom is gone. The secret is that I'm not from Earth. I grew up there in Texas I got the accent, my parents are from there, but I'm not. I don't know where I come from I just know I wasn't born on this planet. My parents found me in the corn field 23 years ago, inside a small space capsule. They took me out and realising that I looked exactly like a human baby they decided to keep me and raise me as their own kid, since they were trying to have one from a long time. They kept the capsule just to be able to explain to me when I got 10 years old and my powers started to point out that I wasn't their biologic child. All of this of course didn't matter because they are the only parents I know.

This is the first secret I have for Mina the second one is that from the day we meet at primary school when her family arrived to Ashes, I never stopped to love her. But we got so close and so fast that I never got the courage to speak openly to her and tell her about my feelings. Such a irony since you know that I told her everything else besides those two secrets.

Back to my first secret, so I have powers, they're preatty easy to hide but when I got to Austin to start my college years when I was 18, I started using them to help people. My Dad is a little worried about that but I keep telling him that with my second identity no one can guess who I am. My alter-ego is named Hopeman, because I try to transmit that feeling to the population. My power are flying, super-strenght, super-speed, fireproof, deepwater breath, nictalopy and super-senses. Now that I am a young adult I can control them better, but my self training was hard since I had no model to follow.

Maybe because of that I got use to stay on the side, to be able to watch and anticipate the troubles when they come. But I did not expect that night that the trouble would come so fast.

Since I didn't tell Mina about my feelings for her I had the hardest times of my live every time she comes back with a new boyfriend. I love her and care for her so I was always trying to be sure that the new one was a good guy or at least someone to not put her in troubles. Most of them almost got there, one even got her in jail for a night, because this stupid punk had some pot on him while driving on drugs on the road. Most of the time I was the one to get her out of trouble, using my powers to calm the situation or get rid of a dealer from time to time. But to be honest I got even more sad when she met the last one and current, Marcus. This guy is a idiot, but what can I say Mina loves him and in a way he takes good care of her. The problem is that he has a big drinking habit specially when he goes to a party. Mina's actually trying to make him down it a little, but it doesn't really work yet.