Redemption (Chaeyoung)

Another day as finishe. I just came back to my appartment. I put my jacket on the hanger, deposit my stuffs on the kitchen islandand walk to the fidge to take the saefood for my fishes. I feed them and come back to the kitchen island to look at the mails I received. Appart from the classic bills and the useless stuff, one letter got my attention. It came from my high school and had a little shiny sticker on it representing the the symbol of the school.

– What is that letter?, I said to myself.

I opened it and read it out loud, even if I was the only one here.

– "Deer Y/N Y/LN, we are honored to invite you for the high school reunion of the 2015 promotion that will be on June 12 this year. We hope you will come and have fun with all your ancien classmates. See you there!" That's great I can't wait to see how all those felllas look like.

I was pretty confident, since I'm working in a nice company wh seels vending machines for other companies and administrations. I'm the CEO, just one of the techs involved into the processes, but well that was not so bad. I used to be a bully back then in high school, I'm not proud of it, I was really imature and most of all really insecure about myself. Many kids have been molested by me and I regret it. So this reunion is also for me a good opportunity to make some excuses, so I was really looking forward to it.

Two weeks later, I put on a nice mustard tuxedo and a light blue shirt under it, i even got myself a nice black skiny tie and a pair of black shiny shoes.I groomed my hair and beard very nicely and put on some colon. When I got in the gym/ball room I had so much butterflies in my stomack I could have fainted right away.

– Hey Y/N, how is it going, man?, said one of my classmates.

– Jack! Long time no see! How are you? Is that your wife?

– Yeah, Angela let me introduce you Y/N, one of the best goal keeper we had in the school soccer team.

– Jacktold me a lot about those days. You use to be nicknamed "Little Kahn" at the time.

– He stopped a missile shooted from the middle of the field with so much strenght we thougt he would lose his fingers. But he punch the ball to the side while jumping, he did a rolling and got back on his feet like a kangaroo.

– I used to be a big mess at the time most of all.

– Yeah, but a platinum goal keeper.

– Thank you Jack.

While saying that I looked around the room and my eyes locked on a young woman above the bar. She was wearing a nice white and tight dress witch defined very well her cute little body. Her hair were short and blond, she looked like a tiny Marilyn Monroe. She turn around and saw another woman who came to greet her. She smiled with a bright in her eyes.

– Jack. Who's that lovely woman over there?

– You don't remember Chaeyoung?

– Chaeyoung? You mean the dorky nerd with the glasses and the big backpack full of too many books? That Chaeyoung?

– Yeah, what a change right! She's now a video game creator. She worked for Nintendo for two years and now she is about to launch her own little independant studio here in town.

I suddenly felt so bad. I used to bully that poor girl back then. The tables have really turned.

– You should start a conversation, man. She seems to interest you.

– She's out of my league, Jack. Look at her. I'm just a ex-bad egg who got lucky to find a proper job and she is about to become the next Hideo Kojima.