Prologue 5

3 Months Ago

Summer of 1945

"When are you planning on having the wedding?"

All of the chatter at the table stopped abruptly. Queen Mai was staring at her daughter curiously.

Linh looked at Wylie for support. He grasped her hand under the table and looked around.

"Linh and I actually thought we could have it in 2 months time."

Everyone gasped. Linh jumped in quickly. "We know that is very early, but we just can't wait any longer. We know it's on short notice, but Wylie and I both agreed to have a small wedding."

Linh clutched Wylie's hand tighter. Even though she was the princess, it was customary for royals to host big, grand weddings and events. It was basically unheard of to have a 'small' wedding.

It was her mother who broke the silence first. "If you want a small wedding, then you shall have a small wedding. Is that okay, Quan?"

The king pondered. "It's alright with me. We just need to bring in one or two reporters to document the whole thing."

Wylie turned to stare at his fiancee. "Two months."

She nodded back and smiled, "Two months."

A/N: Super short chapter, I know. It was kinda a filler chapter. I know i promised the prologue parts would end soon, but........ i lied. I basically decided to put the wedding into two parts to make it easier for myself. some big things are coming up, so be ready lol ;)

and just an fyi, some family-friends are going to be staying with my family for a couple days, so i won't be able to write or post anything during that time. :0

BUT- here is some good news. i will try to post the 2nd to last Biana POV today before they arrive. I know. double update. Basically unheard of when it comes to me.

anyways, happy reading!

~Emily