Almost to Gotham

Mari's POV

I woke up to a freezing cold substance going down my back and a grinning Chloe standing over me holding an empty glass. "CHLOÉ!!!!" I yelled as I got up and started to run after her.

I Stopped once I realized the time and got dressed and ready in record speed! I decided to look through my suitcases to make sure I have everything.

Once I was done I realized I forgot my MDC sketchbook and my COMPUTER! Well I guess I have to make a quick trip home to grab it so I told Chloe and she decided to go in with me.

Mini Time Skip to them entering the Bakery brought to you by Demon Spawn smiling!

As I walked in I expected to see my parents but they weren't there. I just figured that they were sleeping in because they stayed up late making the pastry plans for today (What the were making and what orders they had). But when I got upstairs to the Kitchen I noticed something on the table. I walked over and saw a note from my parents. I quickly read it and broke down crying. Chloe was at my side in an intent trying to calm me down and asking what was wrong. I handed her the paper and it said...

Dear, MariQuinn

We are so disappointed in you! I mean bullying a sweet girl with so many diseases just because you don't believe her stories that are obviously true! We know that you wont read this until you get back from your trip to Gotham that Sweet Lila planned but we moved out of France, and moved to China to get away from you! We thought we raised you right but you are a horrible person and we hate you! We are mad at ourselves for adopting a villain's child and we thought we could handle it but apparently we couldn't! We are glad that Lila that poor, kind, sweet, selfless irl came to us and showed us you true colors! And you even tied turning everyone against her! We hate you and never want to see you again! Stay away from our family you spoiled brat! We left you a little money that's enough to survive but you know you don't deserve it!

From,
Your Very Disappointed Ex-Family

(P.S. We disowned you before we left!)

(A/N I gagged while writing this! I hated calling Lie-la Grossi Sweet, kind, and all those other nice words! *Puking in the background* I'm good now but I may have Nightmares after that traumatic Experience. Save Me!)

Chloe read it and crumpled it up and through it over her shoulder in rage. She came and sat next to me once more while I cried. It had to e the day before I went home. After the trip I would have come back, packed all my stuff, said a proper goodbye, and move to Gotham and expand my business as MDC a famous, anonymous fashion designer, and the personal designer for people like Jagged Stone, Penny Stone, their daughter Melody Stone, Clara Nightingale, the Tusuragi family, Audrey Bourgeois, Andre Bourgeois, and Chloe Bourgeois. They all know my identity or else they wouldn't trust me enough to make me their full time personal designer. I'm also the singer Nettie. Here are one of my most famous songs:

(A/N Honestly this is my favorite song and I wan to play it while I am walking down the isle on my Wedding Day! It is just so beautiful and I honestly wish that I had a voice like Christina Perri but this is the only song I listen to that was made by her though. But her voice it so beautiful!)

And hear is my second most bought song:

(I do not own any picture or videos in this book. I'm only saying it once though.)

Yeah people say that I am the best singer they have ever heard. I have won 4 Grammies in the past 4 years and 20 Fashion Awards in the past 3 years. Yeah I have been Busy. Well back to the present:

Chloe looked down at me while tears were spilling out of my eyes. I loved them a lot even though they weren't related by blood. Chloe then said, "Mari-Bug! Your make-up is ruined, Utterly Ruined!" I giggled at that. Chloe always knew how to make me feel better. Even in the worst situations.

I felt her arms around me and next thing I knew I was on my feet. She had picked me up and was hugging me while I cry into her shoulder. She said, "Im gonna go kill a class and an incompetent teacher! BRB!" I gave her a death glare that was scarier than the entire Batfam all giving you the Batglare all at once. "Okay Okay but you know we don't have to go if you aren't up for it."

"I'm gonna be okay Chlo and I can't wait to see my family again!"

"Wait just a minute! I thought you couldn't remember your family! And in the note it says MariQuinn and Villain's Child! OMG your parents are Harley Quinn and The Joker aren't they?! *Gulp*"

"Surprise!" I say awkwardly.

"OMG Why didn you tell me?! I am your best friend or am I?! Do you know the Waynes? Do you know Batman?! How Cool is Harley Quinn's Hair? What brand of Dye does your mom use?!"

"Wow! That is a lot of question! Okay lets see here. I didn't tell you because I couldn't tell anyone or else they would die a painful death, you are my Best Friend, I know the Waynes through being MDC because I am their personal designer, I ran into Batman once or twice when I was young, Her hair is awesome, and the colors are natural! Wow that was a mouth full!"

She just stared at me with wide eyes and ask the most offensive questions yet... "Do you have that laughing disease? Are you crazy like your parents? Have you ever killed anyone?" The Offense! Okay that last one was not that offensive and I get why she asked it.

"Okay first of all those first to questions were kinda rude and offensive but whatever, and secondly I have the laughing disease minority which means that I rarely slip into a fit like him, I hope I'm not crazy but I'm not sure yet, and I have killed like 2 people in my youth but that is nothing in Gotham because at least every adult there has killed at least 1-2 people but I just did it at a early age that's all. And I do want to go to school so if we don't want to be late, we better get running! Race ya!" Then I took off at full speed which is really fast for the average human being, but The Joker and Harley Quinn as your parents do have its advantages!

Of course I slowed down when my class came into view as to not raise suspicion. You might be wondering why I'm not telling them. I don't want to be in the spotlight of bullying because no one will believe me because Lie-la will say I'm lying to get attention then I will be covered in bruises and cuts tomorrow. You might be wondering why I don't fight back after I tell them. That is a good question but that is a question I don't know the answer to but all I know is that I can't wait to see their shocked faces when they find out! Yay! *Dancing and Partying in my mind*

I know that they didn't actually go to Gotham yet but that will be in the next chapter but I'm tired and going to bed soon so yeah. And this is a filler chapter to explain what happens before the trip starts and welcome to Drama World! It is way batter than Disney World! (Jk I do not think that is true! At. All.) Thanks for all your support! It means the world to me and I love it! Thank all of you very much! And somewhere in the next two chapters will be her first encounter with Damian and I'm so sorry but I'm taking my time on this book and trying to make it perfect!

-Bug Out!

Words: 1407