Chapter 2: First Taste of His Cruelty

Everyone was summoned at the palace. Including [y/n].

She followed Katakuri, wondering why she was included with the summons.

She wanted to ask Katakuri but he had a pissed off look on his face, silencing her.

Left with no choice, she followed him quietly.

Once they got where everyone we're gathered, Big Mom told everyone that a rookie pirate crew had docked on the island and we're causing havoc along the way.

The island was pretty big so it will take them a while to reach the very core of the island.

Of course, Big Mom would never let them get close. That was why she gathered everyone to assign them their role.

"They are rookie but they have a pretty large crew," Big Mom said. "I want you to destroy them all completely. Leave no one. Kill them all!"

Standing beside Katakuri, [y/n] began wondering why was she really there. She don't know how to fight. What use they had for her?

As she thought about it herself, Big Mom called out to her.

"[y/n]."

[y/n] flinched upon hearing her name. Katakuri led her in front of the woman. As she stood in front of her, she felt small. Literally.

"Being married to my son makes you a member of Big Mom pirates. And as a member, I expect you to do your best to serve us."

"W-what should I do?" she stuttered in fear.

Big Mom grinned. "I heard your devil fruit ability has a power to enhance human body and bypass it's limitation. I want you to cast your song to our lower soldiers to prepare them for the fight."

Her devil fruit koe-koe no mi (voice-voice fruit) gives her an ability to support any army on battle. In addition of that, she could heal wounds, cast illusions and hallucinations, hypnotize, ensure bountiful harvests and grow unbelievable plants and trees that wasn't even supposed to exist.

Her father never used her ability for war. She healed soldiers but her father never asked her to enhance their soldier's strength since after the effect of her ability subside, it caused overwhelming fatigue and nausea to the soldiers. If one had weak body, it could even cause death.

It happened the first time she used her ability and since then, her father forbade her to use it.

She was sure, Big Mom knows the side effect of using her enhancement song to the soldiers. Yet, the pirate still wanted her to do it.

She then winced in pain, feeling a big hand grasping her arm.

She looked up and met Katakuri's narrowed eyes. His other sibling we're also looking at her with a hard look.

"You heard, mama. Remember what I told you before, [y/n]." Katakuri whispered, threatening her.

[y/n] closed her eyes and nodded helplessly.

"I'll do it."
_________________________________

After casting her song to the soldiers, Katakuri sent her back to his mansion and ordered her to stay inside the room.

Feeling bad at what she did, she cried silently inside the room.

The song's effect would last for three hours. After that, they'll fall in fatigue and feel sick. Some would probably vomit and some would probably feel like their head will be split in half.

A sound coming from the outside interrupted her thoughts.

It seems that the enemies managed to make their way to the center of the island. Big Mom would be really pissed at her children for that, she was sure. She suddenly feel worried about Katakuri. Was he okay? Will he be okay?