Chapter 6: The Abduction

[y/n] was talking with Serenade. They'll be leaving tonight and she wanted to spend a little time with her younger sister before that.

As the two laughed at something Serenade said, a strong scent reached them.

The two turned and found a middle age man, approaching them with a smile.

"Count Alto," the two recognized the man.

The man stopped in front of them, looking at [y/n]. "It's nice to see you back, princess."

[y/n] smiled. "I'll be leaving tonight though."

"Oh. Too bad. I'm sure your father would be really happy if you stayed for a little bit longer," he said.

"I can't stay here long. I'm going to make trouble for Katakuri-sama if I do."

"It seems that you get along pretty well with Katakuri-sama," the man smiled.

[y/n] nodded with a warm smile. "He's really good to me."

"Haha! Good! Good! Well, I'll see both of you some other time," he said before leaving.

When he was out of sight, Serenade sneezed.

"Damn! His perfume stinks!" she exclaimed with a disgusted look.

"Don't be mean, Serenade," [y/n] scolded her sister although she was thinking the same as her.

"What the hell is he thinking? He's supposed to come to escort you back to the ship! Not make his men do his job!" Staccato scowled in displeasure.

It was time for [y/n] to leave. Katakuri was already at the ship. Since he still has some work to do at the ship, he sent his men to pick [y/n] up and Staccato was displeased with that.

"Nii-san. I'll be fine. I trust Katakuri-sama's men."

"Are you sure you don't want us to see you off?" her father asked.

[y/n] shook her head. "Just rest up here. And I'm sure brother is busy. Serenade needed to stay with you to make sure you listen to your doctor."

Her father sighed. "When are we going to see you again?"

[y/n] smiled at him. "I'm sure Katakuri-sama would help me see you again."

The old man nodded and patted her head. "Be careful, my daughter."

It was dark that night. There was no moon and the sky was quite cloudy. The streets we're also empty.

The kingdom has a curfew. Citizens who weren't guards or has no important reason to be out, must be inside after eight.

[y/n] walked, surrounded by her husband's men.

For some reason, the night felt cold and chilling. Also, she couldnt help but to feel like someone was watching her. Someone unfriendly. Someone dangerous.

Just then, a scream echoed. She turned around wide eyed as she saw the man behind her fell.

More of her escorts followed and in just a short moment, everyone was on the ground.

A group of men appeared out of nowhere and leading them, was a familiar man.

"C-count Alto?"

The noble man grinned. "Fine evening, huh? Princess?"

"What is the meaning of this?" she questioned, in confusion.

"You see, we've been trying to make the yonkou and your father go into a war. However, every plan always seems to fail," he began.