Chapter 3: Death Might be Better

"What's going on here?" Big Mom growled, glaring at Katakuri. "Why is all the sweet flour tree rotting?! Even our normal wheat fields were drying up! The fruit trees as well! What's going on?!"

His siblings who we're present cowered in fear at the sound of their mother's angry voice. Katakuri however remained calm.

"It seems that my wife is not feeling well. I think, her emotional and physical condition affects any plants that grows from her voice." Katakuri stated. "And I think her devil fruit makes any land watered by her songs become a part of her."

"Do something about her! I brought her here to enrich the land! Not to destroy it! If she remained useless like that, get rid of her!" Big Mom ordered.

Katakuri bowed his head. "As you wish, mama."

Katakuri left the room with a hardened look on his face.

Ever since that day at the dock, [y/n] refused to sing anymore. All she did was to cry and lock herself inside the room. She even refused to eat. Katakuri had ended up forcing her to eat.

If what she was doing continues, she'll grow more weaker and die either from sickness or from his own hands.

Sweet flour was very important to his mother. However if she continued to refuse to sing and the plants and trees died, he was sure his mother would be really furious and order her death.

His stomach growled as he made his way out of the palace. He was hungry for a donut made from sweet flour. Too bad, they don't have sweet flour left anymore.

_________________________________

[y/n] was crying again. Chiffon and Lola sat with her, trying to calm her down to no avail.

The twins doesn't have any idea what was wrong with her. They keep asking her but the older woman refused to tell them anything.

"Please, [y/n] nee-chan stop crying," Lola pleaded, rubbing the woman's head.

"What's wrong? You can tell us." Chiffon tried coaxing her to talk but she shook her head, refusing to tell them anything.

The twins exchanged glances sadly, unable to do anything.

Just then, the door of the room opened and came, their older brother, Katakuri.

"Nii-chan."

"Leave us," the older sibling ordered.

The two glanced at their sister-in-law before leaving the room as their brother ordered.

After making sure his sisters were gone, he closed the door and locked it.

He then turned to look at his wife who has her back facing him, as she lied on her side and cried.

"The servants said you didn't ate your food again," he said.

[y/n] remained in her position, not even bothering to acknowledge him.

Katakuri was getting pissed at her stubbornness. "If you keep doing this to yourself, I'll be forced to kill you."

"Do it then. I don't care," she said, back still facing him.

This made Katakuri snapped. He marched towards the bed and grabbed [y/n] by the hair, making her scream in pain. He then forcefully made her turn to him.

"Here I am, being a good husband, trying to keep you alive. Don't waste my effort and don't test my patience, [y/n]," he glared at he menacingly.

[y/n] winced as he tightened his hold on her hair. "Just kill me already! Death might be better than living this life!"

"And what will happen to your father, your siblings and your kingdom once you die? Do you really think, Mama will be satisfied with just your life?"

He felt [y/n] froze at the mention of her family and kingdom.

Katakuri continued. "Mama will destroy your kingdom and kill your whole family. She won't show them mercy. Her anger would send her rampaging totally forgetting the consequences of destroying Melodia."

[y/n]'s eyes stared at him fearfully. Seeing that she had finally given up, he loosened her hold on her hair. She then fell onto the bed in tears.

"It seems that you understand your position well now. Your family and kingdom's life lies on your hands. You oppose us, they'll die with you."

A panicked knock on the door sounded, interrupting them. Katakuri walked towards the door and opened it. A pale faced servant came in sight.

"What is it?" Katakuri asked.

"A message from Melodia!"

Hearing the name of the kingdom, [y/n] turned to look towards the door.

"King Allegro has fallen ill! Doctors couldn't cure him!"

[y/n] paled as her eyes widened hearing what the servant said.

The servant continued. "Prince Staccato we're requesting for milady to come and heal him with her voice!"

[y/n] run towards Katakuri and grabbed his arm. "Katakuri-sama! Please let me heal my father!" she pleaded.

"You do know that Mama won't let you leave the island right?"

"Just for a bit! I promise to return! Please!" she begged desperately.

Katakuri however took his arm away from her. "No," he cruelly said and left the room, closing the door. He then locked the door from the outside to prevent her from escaping just in case.

"Katakuri-sama! Please!" she screamed, banging her fist on the door.

Katakuri walked away as the servant followed him.

"Master, maybe it won't hurt to let her go. Or at least let her father come here so that she could heal him," the servant said.

"He tried to betray Mama once. She would never let him step on this lands." Katakuri said as he walked.

"But the mistress-"

"Go back to work," Katakuri ordered.

The servant hesitantly stopped and bowed. "Yes, sir."

TO BE CONTINUED