~1~ - Wandering in the Wilderness

That door.

That single door had... So much meaning to it.
But what did it mean?

All this little nightmare had was an empty hallway with a door at the end of it and an eye symbol on it.

The eyes always watch.

They always freaked him out... Why did the eyes exist? All they did was watch his every move. And now it's about this door. But... There was something that looked faded on it... What was it?

He tried to get a closer look, only to—

___

Suddenly, the boy cried out of terror as he suddenly hit soft grass and the rough feel of rocks and dirt. He sat up, looking around frantically before his gaze looked at the television he fell out of. The screen was nothing but static before the static hushed and the screen flickered off.

He wore a paper bag with two eye holes over his head and a brown trench coat with a tan button-up shirt underneath. His pants were also a dark brown, especially with stains on the bottom of them. On the trench coat was a key ring to carry keys just in case, that way he didn't waste arm space.

His personality consisted of nothing but sympathy, compassion and kindness. But he also had some sarcasm and comebacks along with spite and possible pettiness. Yet, he always shared his things with others. However... He dealt with loneliness. A lot.

His name is Mono.

He was always a lonely young boy, just with himself. He's gotten used to company and soon developed monophobia. He can't remember his original name, but he nicknamed himself Mono from being alone all his life.

The boy in monotone colours slowly stood up, taking a look around at his surroundings as his toes felt the fresh grass between them. His surroundings was all that of coniferous trees and occasional boulders or rocks here and there. Maybe a couple piles of autumn leaves decorating the ground or some just beginning to fall.

A gentle breeze blew and the boy inhaled it. Before he could think, he turned around to see where he should go right now, seeing there was a path of piles of leaves he should follow. He stood up and stepped through the leaves, sand, gravel, and dirt. He took a look around, before a foul smell hit his nose.

Accidentally taking in a breath, he gagged and started coughing, halting himself as he was sent into a coughing fit from him allowing the rotting smell entry to his nostrils. He got a hold of himself and went to walk, only to shriek as he lost footing. He felt nothing under him for a hot minute before suddenly hitting the ground. The teenager had his eyes squeezed shut as he laid on his stomach. “Am... I?...” He slowly opened an eye, before seeing more grass. When beginning to open both eyes, he stood up, only for his hand to squish something that felt like bags. But it was wet...

Mono lowers his head to see what his hand made contact with, before his eyes widened as he retracted his hand quickly when seeing what looked like intestines of a human or animal along with a crimson coat of blood on the now torn bag.

He stared down at the bags in horror before getting up. He took a glance around, now looking up quickly. That's when he realized he had to jump from the spot he fell to the other side. He turned around as he prevented himself from simply breathing in so he didn't have to put up with the stench. Soon, he walked up a small incline and made a running start, jumping over the gap.

The male in monotone colours walked through more piles of leaves, inserting focus on a metal, bar-like, door.

The male stepped over to it, kneeling down to examine the door before standing up and grabbing the bars to the small trap door. He begun to pull at it, huffing and groaning as he did this before it suddenly popped off and flew right over his head. The boy gasping as it did so as he fell on to his rump in the soft yet spiky grass. He heard a couple thuds, turning his head to look at where the door went, only to notice some metal shine occasionally disappear and reappear from the branches moving.