~11~ - Kidnapped

The now official couple walked forward, both quiet. Mono was practically smiling like a moron underneath his bag. It’s only been about two days and he was now with Six. Now that he thought about it; it felt almost wrong to him. They pretty much still just met. He felt his smile drop when a board beneath his and Six’s foot sink down.

“Mono!” Shouted Six as she ran to the side, pulling Mono with her. He stumbled as he faded back into reality, “Mono, you almost got hit by that bucket, are you okay?!” She asked in a worried tone. He looked towards her.

“Yep, I’m fine! I was just stuck in my head for a second.” He laughed a little to his own words. The dark-haired girl couldn’t help but giggle at him. “But apparently there’s traps here...” He looked around, seeing the bucket just sway after its aggressive swinging.

Six had given a nod, letting go of his hand as she pulled his attention back to her. He looked at her from his bags eye holes; “Listen… Mono, we need to actually watch out for things, now. Somebody or multiple people have to still reside here if there are traps.” He nodded, “Just stay careful, alright? You’re a softy and I don’t want you getting hurt.”

Mono actually had more strength than he let on, he could actually carry a hatchet and probably some other stuff despite his small size in this large and nightmarish world. But he only gave a nod as a reply to her. She smiled a little towards his response. They started walking forward again, beginning to go over any board that stuck up.

The teen in monotone colours looked at a door, heading to it as he pushed it open. It was a bathroom he just entered, but when the door opened more a bucket came falling down. He screeched from shock, taking a step back. His girlfriend looked at him with a confused expression before noticing the bucket of supplies.

The boy looked up and saw a kid snickering from a vent, “Hey! That isn’t very–” He stepped forward, only to be interrupted by the kid knocking the wood piece out from the open vent. He glared at the closed vent, only to jolt when Six tapped his shoulder. He turned his head to face her as his expression softened into a look of confusion, “What is it?”

“They’re not worth your time… Calm down, okay?” She reassured and the boy huffed softly. She patted his back and lead him out of the single stall bathroom.

The duo walked down the hallway to their right, seeing a large gap that they could go through. Seizing this opportunity, Mono rushed forward, stepping on to a board. A locker came falling down as he halted, as if he expected it. He smiled to himself as Six caught up to him. They both climbed up the locker and jumped to another few as they went through the gap.

Mono walked down the hallway, seeing a duck toy and a fallen desk with a large and deep dent on it... He felt a board sink, and Six yelp. He turned his head and saw a swinging light. He made a noise as he ducked down as well.

He crawled forward as Six walked to him before she just leapt up. He heard metal tapping as he got up, turning his head as he saw her jump to the desk now. He then followed her quickly, jumping down after her. He stepped on some crayons, cracking several of them. He winced to the wax hitting his now scabbed feet. He walked out of the small room with Six. She allowed him ahead of her.

“So… You have the spirit of a leader.” She commented, trying to start a conversation.

“Hm?-” He turned his head to face her, “I suppose so! I’ve never been told that since I’ve been alone for a long time now.” He turned around, walking backwards. “What makes you think that?”

Six hummed at his reply, “It’s… Well, you show the leader’s spirit. One thing that makes you different from leaders though is that you can be very fearful at times. And another thing is, you always seem to know what you’re doing.”

“That’s good to hear! I’m happy you think that way about me.” He smiled at her from under the bag, still walking backwards.

“Mh– Watch out!” She suddenly shouted, stopping her trot as he turned up his head. He went to move quickly until the open locker fell on him. “Mono!” She started trying to help him lift the locker to assist in his escape.

Suddenly, porcelain children surrounded her. She looked around at all of them in a slightly fearful stance. Until she was suddenly tackled down from behind, arms hooking from under her shoulders, “Get your hands off of me!” She screamed out, trying to struggle away as she fought while being dragged away. She kicked her legs, one kicking a porcelain girl in the face, knocking her over. But she got up and came rushing back at where Six was being dragged. Six’s yells echoed down the hallway.

Mono kept banging his hands against the locker since he heard all of the commotion, even going as far as lifting it. Eventually he laid himself down and used all of his might, which… Worked! The locker lifted and he rolled out from under it, panting.

He sat up immediately now, looking around. “Six?!” He called only to receive no answer. He stared off at nothing. The only people here seemed to be a child... And with all the commotion, there was more than one. The traps… The pranks… He connected the pieces and he wasn’t a happy boy now. He got up off the ground, turning to face the fallen locker.

And he knew exactly what he had to do now.