Chapter 13

Finally, Christmas break for the guys. I heard one of the staff members talk about having some sort of secret Santa. Some may say that it's for kids but I think it would be fun. Last night was definitely one of the best nights I've had. I'm so grateful to have a friend like Charlotte. And the guys are so thoughtful too.

I just hope that the talk I had with Quinn last night didn't go in one ear and out the other. I'm going to have a talk with Marcus today about telling him how I told Charlotte the news. 

I head to the floor that he stays on. He's probably asleep since who would want to wake up early on a day you don't have school? "Marcus?" I ask knocking on his door. I hear shuffling on the other side. "Marcus I'm coming in," I say as my hand reaches the doorknob.

I slowly twist it open and push the door gently and I'm honestly not surprised when I find Quinn and Marcus pulling the covers up to cover their what I'm assuming naked bodies. But I do feel hurt. Hurt because he told me that he wants to be with me and yet he goes to do this.

"What the hell?" I ask looking at the two. Marcus attempts to get out of the bed but I guess he forgot that he's not wearing anything. "Put some pants on!" I yell covering my eyes.

I hear him stumble a bit before peeking. "Holly, let me explain-"

"No," I say cutting him off. "Believe it or not but I would've actually let you explain if it wasn't what it looks like. But it sure as hell does look like you two were fucking even when I told Quinn that you and I are together." I turn to look at Quinn. Did I really think that we could be friends? 

"Holly, I promise you that you are the only one I want trust me," He says taking hold of my hands.

I snatch them away and slap him on the face, making it whip to the right. "No, we are done," I say pointing between the two of us. "And don't worry, I'm that generous of a person to not tattle on you to my dad." With that final sentence, I walk out of the room. I let the tears that threaten to fall roll down my face as I press the elevator and go back to my room.

▿❦▿

Today is a sad day. Well, for me that is. I've decided to avoid Marcus, see how he feels. But he has tried to talk to me, when it was time for lunch, he sat with me and tried to make a conversation but I just shrugged him off.

It's almost dinner time and I have spent basically my whole entire day lying in my bed, eating chips. I didn't feel like going out today. I closed off the bakery but Charlotte told me she wanted to run it for today.

I stayed in my pajamas since I have no plans. Even Rowan and the other guys tried to bring me out. Connor has dropped off some snacks for me once in a while.

I hear two people talking outside of my door before I hear one set of footsteps walk away. The shadow of the other person knocks on my door and I tell the person to come in as I am too lazy to get out from the bed myself. Rowan walks in with a concerned facial expression. "Holly...." He starts as he takes a seat at the edge of my bed. I bring the covers over my head. "What's going on?" I hear his voice ask.

He pulls down the covers gently to reveal my face. My eyes are probably a bit red and puffy from today's events. "It's nothing," I mumble turning on my side to face away from him.

I hear him take his shows off as the bed dips behind me. He turns me to face him as he lies down beside me. "It's not nothing. Tell me what's wrong or I'll have your dad come here instead," He says, his voice soft and gentle.

With a sigh, I sit up on the bed and lean my back against the headboard. "It's Marcus," I say quietly. I feel the tears threatening to escape once again.