Chapter 23

The holidays are officially over and it is now January. Students are starting to settle back into their dorm rooms. 

Rowan and I are currently laying in my bed with my head on his shoulder as his thumb rubs circles around my thigh. "So what are you planning on doing once the school year ends? I mean it is your last year until your officially a free man from school. That is unless you want to study law or become a doctor or something," I say drawing patterns on his chest.

He sighs. "I don't know. I have no intention of becoming either of those. I guess I haven't really thought about what I wanted to do yet but what I do know is that I want to do it with you," He says and leans down to give me a kiss on the lips.

"Well, it's your future," I respond. 

"What about you? Are you planning on keeping the bakery forever until you grow old?" He asks. That was my plan. But I'm not sure if I'll have any kids to run the bakery for me when it's my time to pass. 

"Well right now I'm focusing on the bakery. I want a family of my own someday so that maybe my future kids can get to bake with me like how my mom did with me. I think it'll be a fun bonding experience," I explain.

"Well, I'll continue to think about it but I don't want anything to happen between us," He says.

I nod my head in understanding. "I get it. I really do. I mean I'm planning on staying here and soon take care of my dad when he needs me. I want you to pursue anything you want without me having to hold you back."

"Yeah your right," He says.

"Plus, there's always long-distance. We can facetime each other and text each other every day," I say. Even though it will make me upset if Rowan wants to do something elsewhere, I have to support him as his best friend and girlfriend. 

I've seen some couples do long-distance relationships and it either makes you trust the other person more, or it'll make your relationship drift further apart to the point where you realize that you need to let each other go. For Rowan and I and if he decides to get a job outside the country, I hope it would be the first outcome.

"You have 4 months left booger," I say flicking his forehead. "Think about it okay?" I ask as we both get up from the bed. "In the meantime, let's go get some lunch." I help pull him up and he gives my butt a loud smack causing me to squeal. "Excuse you, mister," I say putting my hands on my hips.

"What? Don't stick it in my face if you don't want me to slap it," He says smirking.

"It wasn't even in your face you dummy," I say slapping his chest. 

We head downstairs to the cafeteria to grab our lunches and sit with the guys. Today for lunch we are having tarragon chicken salad sandwiches. "Hey guys," Rowan greets them.

"Did you guys here?" Oliver says making his voice just barely above a whisper.

We both lean in with confused expressions. "Hear what?" I ask whispering. 

"Tommy one of the freshmen here just got expelled from this school. Something about him bringing drugs and sneaking them in for other students," Oliver explains.

Here is that Tommy name again. I swear I've heard it before I just don't know where. I think back to the times where I've been introduced to anyone new. Then my mind drifts off to the first back-to-school party. Connor introducing be to his friends and........Tommy. He's friends with Tommy.

Wait, if Connor is friends with Tommy then does that mean Connor also does drugs too? No way. "Holly, you okay?" Rowan asks.

I nod my head and stand up. "Do any of you guys know where Connor is?" I ask. Vincent points his finger over to where Connor is sitting around the table with his friends. "I'll be right back," I say and head to Connor's table.