Chapter 14

"Is she up yet?" I ask Connor. The guys and I normally don't talk to him, but he seems to be a soft spot of Holly, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to try and be friends with him.

He shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know. I checked up on her at like 3 in the morning. She was feeling kind of hot so she might wake up a bit later today," He says.

"Wait why did you check on her at 3 in the morning?" I ask confused. 

"When she came home last night she looked a bit tired and her skin looks paler. She should really lock her door."

Yes, she definitely should. "Anyway, I was thinking of giving her a little present. I know she's been having bad days recently so I think we should all give her an early Christmas present," I say. I think I might have an idea of what I'm planning on getting her.

We all finished eating our breakfast and I tell Connor to distract Holly so she wouldn't ask questions as to where we are. The guys and I quickly leave the building and head to the mall. 

"Hey, do you know any place where we can design our own clothes?" I ask the guys. I'm thinking of getting her a baking apron since I notice the mess she comes home with on her clothes. I'll have someone print out her logo on it and I'll make extras for her new workers. I also have something else in mind.

▿❦▿

✬ H O L L Y ✬

"Ugh Connie, I feel better thank you," I say growing annoyed. He keeps bugging me telling me to drink the soup he brought up for me. That's like the third one and now I feel like peeing.

Conner has not allowed me to step foot out of my room and it's starting to get me suspicious. "It's a cold day today Hollister, why don't you lie back down in your soft warm bed?" He suggests.

"Connie, I'm wearing a sweater with sweatpants, I don't think I'll freeze to death," I say heading to the bathroom. "And don't worry. I'm just going to use the bathroom."

After finishing my business I see Connor lying down on my bed scrolling through his phone. He looks up at me upon my arrival. "Hey, come sit," He says patting the spot next to him.

I take a seat at the edge of my bed. "Where did the guys go? I haven't seen them all morning," I question. It's true, Connor told me to eat my breakfast up in my room so that other people won't catch my cold. He's acting more like a father towards me more than my dad and I'm not even sick. My temperature is 98.7.

"Somewhere probably going to work out and stuff," Connor shrugs.

"Great, well I have to get to the bakery and open it up if I want to make some money," I say getting up from the bed and heading to my closet.

"Charlotte is going to do it!" He yells from outside my closet.

I rolly my eyes after grabbing an outfit. "Connor," I warn. "Charlotte has done so much for me. I am not letting her take the responsibility of taking care of the bakery even though I'm in perfectly good health. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get changed," I say and walk into my bathroom.

Today I have decided to wear a light grey-blue button-up top with jean shorts and my laced booties.

"You coming with?" I ask once I got changed. He nods his head and walks outside with me to my bakery. It's early in the morning and so I guess I'll open up the bakery a bit earlier than usual. 

Come to think of it, I don't think Connor has ever seen my bakery before. I guess my thoughts are true as I look at Connor observing the place. I turn on all the lights and the sign and walk to the back to get some pastries we made last night to put in the glass display.