4 :: splash!

4

Like how abyss mages traditionally kept their prisoners captive, Y/N sat helplessly in a cage that was just large enough to support her sitting down figure. And it was like the two abyss mages could sense the seething rage boiling inside the girl they've trapped, because the pyro mage threatened to light a fire underneath the metal cage.

Y/N begrudgingly complied. She couldn't even remember how she got here, nor what happened on the way.

Dust began to sweep up away from the wall in front of them. Then the deafening toil of the large, rune-engraved door told Y/N all she had to know.

"Lumine and Amber, you came-" was all she could make out before the abyss mages formulated their elemental shields with a wave of their claws, prepared to defend their capture with their life. She still wasn't sure what they wanted with her yet.

A cut that stretched across Amber's thigh distracted Y/N from her question. This was the doing of a Mitachurl's axe, no doubt, all in the purpose of rescuing some idiot who walked straight into a trap meant for a fool. But by the end of that thought, the fight had already begun.

Lumine sent a current of wind down and around the cryo mage's shield, effectively shattering it into little elemental shards that burnt to a crisp upon hitting the ground. She wrapped both her hands around its furry neck. "If you don't want me to plunge this cursed sword down both eyeholes of your mask, tell me why Y/N is with you."

The mage shrieked and struggled to pull Lumine's iron grip off. It choked out a muffled "okay."

Y/N knew what the mage planned to do. Lumine was completely unaware of the pyro mage that Amber's shots was hopeless against that closed in on her position.

"Lumine! Don't let your guard down!"

Her head shot up in Y/N's direction then back at the mage who was igniting a spell of fire directly at her. Lumine pulled herself out the way just in time, which would've been lucky if it weren't for the same spell now directly headed for Y/N's metal cage.

It wasn't large enough to fit her standing up figure, so unless she were to break open the cage by brute force, Y/N would be burnt to a crisp in the next few seconds. She clenched her palms and waited for a miracle.

::

The bellows of the ocean currents swept Y/N off her feet until the floor no longer felt like a tangible object. Her body, weighted down by the pressure, struggled to stay in control. But her hand, despite being under the water's surface, remained dry.

It was the ultimate realization, and it sent a nuclear shockwave across the same waves that didn't allow her a chance to breathe. Her head broke the unrelenting surface tension of the water and inhaled a dizzying amount of air before plunging back into the ocean.