Chapter 4 [Unedited]

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Megan was floating on cloud nine since her meeting with the Ryan Anderson. He was no less than a celebrity after all. Or actually he was a celebrity - and he definitely had the features of one - well, to start with, he was drop dead gorgeous, so devilishly handsome. He looked like had stepped out of the covers of GQ, infact even better.

She couldn't believe that people this good looking even did exist. She closed her mouth as she realised that she was drooling. Once again she'd embarrassed herself. Damn it, she thought to herself, no body had ever had such an effect on her, not even Raynold.

Megan was pulled out of her trans by her ringing phone. She picked it up and it was Raynold on the other side. "Hello," she answered her phone.

"Hi Meg, it's me Ray," her husband spoke from the other side.

"Yeah, how are you?" She asked him, as if it was a ritual.

"I'm fine. I called to inform that I'll be coming home tomorrow morning," he informed her.

"Oh, Great," she said enthusiastically, but somehow it felt that the words were more forced than naturally coming out.

"See you then, bye." And with that he hung the phone up. Without any 'I Love You Sweetheart', 'Good Night Love', just plain simple bye. Not wanting to spoil her mood, Megan shut the television and went to sleep.

She woke up to the sound of the ringing doorbell. She got up and checked the time. "Oh, Shít," she muttered to herself, she had overslept for an hour. She went an opened the door and Raynold got in. He himself was quite sleepy from the red eye he had caught. His blond hair was all messed up, and he hadn't even bothered with combing it. "Hi," she greeted him and placed a light peck on his lips.

"Hi," he greeted her back.

"So, you'd like to sleep now, or should I make you some tea?" She asked.

"Tea would be good," he replied as he went to wash his face to get rid of the sleepy look.

"Coming up!" Megan replied and got to work. She boiled some water in the kettle meanwhile placing two tea bags in the two cups she had taken out. Once the water was done, she poured it into the two cups and mixed it after a sugar cube in each. She placed the two cups on the kitchen counter as she and Raynold sat on the stools. "So, how was your trip?" She asked casually.

"It was good, just the usual," he replied while she nodded. She couldn't remember when was the last time they had actually had a normal talk such as the one they were currently having.

Just then an idea popped in her mind and she spoke up. "Hey, I was just wondering that, well, that we haven't actually spent any bonding time together in the past few months, so," she waited to see his reaction, "I thought why not to go out today or tomorrow, perhaps."

Raynold seemed to think for a moment before he spoke up. "Wouldn't be a bad idea, I guess," she smiled at the answer, maybe, just maybe she could get a chance to fix her marriage, she thought. She finished her tea and put her cup in the dishwasher and went to get ready for work.

***

Ryan was having a hard time convincing Irene to go to school. She had been quite sleepy that morning because of the medicine she was given after the tetanus shot. After a lot of trying, he decided to finally give up - it was just a day of preschool anyway. "Fine," he said as he put his hands up in surrender which caused Irene to giggle. Ryan laughed too.

"Oh my, don't you have to get ready little one!" Mrs. Hubbard exclaimed as she got into Irene's room.

"It's okay, Mrs. Hubbard, today she won't go to school," he informed as Mrs. Hubbard breathed a sigh of relief. With that Ryan went to get ready - he had office that day. He came back half an hour later, impeccably dressed in a black jeans, white striped shirt with a blazer over it. His black hair was neatly combed and he looked like a proper gentleman, in a semi formal attire that is.