End Up With You

A/N: This chapter is based on the Lover music video. It is 3rd person omnipresent, which basically means all the characters' feelings are shown. It switches in between rooms. Hope that clears up any confusion!
Taylor and Joe set their suitcases down. They were finally moving in together. Taylor began to decorate the hall with lights, and Joe put music on.
They swayed to the music. Joe looked at Taylor, and her heart melted. She couldn't imagine loving anyone as much as she loved him.
Joe leaned in and kissed her. They both came out of the kiss with stupid grins on their face. Taylor hugged Joe as the lights came on and faded.
Green room
Joe put up a picture of a cat as Taylor tuned her guitar. She sat on the comfy couch, trying to believe that she had made it this far without screwing their relationship up.
She began to stress, but Joe sat next to her, and she knew why they hadn't broken up. Joe was the best thing that had ever happened to her. Taylor leaned on Joe as she played her guitar. They sat in the silence that only came when two people understood each other, broken only by guitar strums.
Yellow room
Joe looked around the grey room with an unsatisfied look on his face.
"Whats wrong?" Taylor asked.
"Don't get me wrong, this room is gorgeous, but-."
"It's dull." Taylor said. Joe nodded.
"What if we painted it yellow?" Joe asked, chuckling.
"We could. This is our place. No one is here to stop us." Joe ordered some yellow paint, and got out a ladder.
"Oops." Taylor spilled a little paint on Joe. He looked shocked, and spilled some on her. Before they knew it, they were both covered in paint, laughing so hard it was difficult to breathe.
"Maybe we should work on painting." Joe said.
"We should. Wait, one second." Taylor wiped a little paint off of Joe's nose. His smile threatened to split his face in half as he wiped paint off of Taylor's cheek.
Purple room
Taylor and Joe bowed ungracefully before dancing. Taylor loved to dance with him. She felt safe.
Joe loved how Taylor was unapologetically herself. She was goofy, smart, gorgeous, and talented. Her eyes sparkled as they danced, and she smiled. Her smile, like every part of her, was perfect. He wanted to always be this close.
Blue room
Taylor sat with Joe, scrolling through social media. They had been exposed a while ago, and she kept expecting him to walk away or be scared.
"Look, Taylor, I love you. More than I've ever loved anyone before. None of that matters as long as I have you."
"But aren't you afraid? What if the media causes us to split up? What if-."
"It won't." Joe cut her off.
"You're really willing to be with me for the whole world to see?" Taylor asked. Joe nodded.
"I love you." Taylor leaned her head on his shoulder, and he kissed her on the top of her head.
Red room
"Hey, Taylor!" Selena said, closing the hidden back door. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything." She said, watching Taylor and Joe dance.
"Not at all." Taylor said. Joe spun her one last time before letting go. Joe smiled at Selena warmly. She set her gift down.
        "Happy birthday!" Selena hugged Taylor. Taylor's necklace got stuck in one of Selena's earrings. They were both amused as they untangled themselves.
        "This is beautiful." Selena admired Taylor's opal necklace.
        "Joe got it for me today." Joe smiled. He had been so excited to give Taylor that necklace. He knew opals were her favorite.
Guests began to come, and Joe changed the music.
Taylor talked to Selena and Gigi for a while about their lives. They all had similar experiences from being celebrities. Taylor looked across the room, and saw Joe talking to someone.
She knew it was stupid, but she felt like everyone wanted to be with Joe. She was insecure about their relationship sometimes, and Joe talking to a girl didn't help. They both laughed.
Taylor felt herself getting angry, and didn't want to blow up at her friends. She politely told them she was getting tired, and that she and Joe were supposed to have a special dinner. She ran up to her bedroom, unable to look at Joe.
Pink room
"What's wrong?" Joe asked, standing in front of Taylor.
"I saw you talking to her."
"Who?"
"That girl." One of their friends had brought the girl along, and Taylor didn't catch her name.
"May? That was nothing." Joe clenched his fists, offended that Taylor thought he would cheat.
"Why are you lying? No one would see her and still want to be with me." Taylor got up and left the room.
"Tay!" Joe called after her. She never looked back.
Red room
Joe sat on the couch by himself, wondering why he had done that. He could have comforted Taylor and tried to make her feel better.
He was such an idiot. He got so mad sometimes that he did the wrong thing. He knew what Taylor was thinking.
Sometimes he felt inadequate next to Taylor. She was so gorgeous and strong and talented. She always made him feel better.
But what was happening now? He was sitting alone, feeling sorry for himself. Taylor could be anywhere, freaking out. He didn't want to lose her.
Meanwhile in the purple room
Taylor sat at the piano alone. She played a few notes, trying to come up with a song about feeling insecure. She couldn't write anything, and eventually gave up.
She loved Joe so much, and she was terrified that she had just messed it up. It probably had been nothing. She had overreacted like she always did. She was so sensitive.
She stood up, making her way to the stairs that led to the attic. Joe had once climbed up these stairs with her.
The attic
Taylor watched home videos of herself and Joe from 2016, when they had been hiding. She realized that was her lowest point, and he had stayed with her through it all. If he was going to leave, he would have done it then. But he never would.
She heard footsteps on the ladder, and Joe came up. The look on his face told Taylor he was sorry. Joe looked at her, and understood that she was past it.
They sat in the same position from earlier, with Taylor's head resting on his shoulder. Taylor knew she was head over heels in love with him. Joe knew that she was the most lovely girl in the world, and no one could ever compare with her. They danced to Joe's recordings of Taylor's songs.
Purple room
Taylor and Joe sat at the table eating dinner. Joe told her jokes that made her laughter uncontrollable. They had stupid grins on their faces and butterflies exploding in their stomachs.
Taylor blew out her candles. She considered wishing that she would never lose Joe, but she knew that she wouldn't. She wished that Joe would be happy, and get the praise his acting deserved.
Later that night, Taylor stumbled over to the piano with a melody in her head that was keeping her awake. She played a few notes, trying to figure out the key.
Unbeknownst to her, Joe was at the door, watching his beautiful girlfriend write a song. He was always impressed with her lyrics. She sang the first line.
"We could leave the Christmas lights up 'til January....."
A/N: I like to imagine this is true. Pls comment so I can see if you like this or not. When I get fewer comments, I feel like the story isn't good idk why 😅
Jaylor is the best 🥺♥️
Ik this chapter was really cheesy but I liked it
I'm open to any suggestions for future one shots 😊
-whereveryoustray 🧣🧣🧣🧣