Just The Other Day Part 2

Joe stood at Taylor's door, remembering standing there a week ago when they broke up. It had taken her 5 minutes to pack them up. He felt like she didn't want him. He was holding all of their love out in the hall.

"Joe, what are you doing here?" Taylor asked calmly. They were so messed up. Taylor always came back to Joe, but the tables had turned.

"I miss you." Joe said softly. He knew what real love was. It felt like this. The way she held his hand. He was all butterflies and sky high for her.

"I know you'll be thinking we'll be fine again but not this time around. I don't want to hurt anymore." Taylor responded. She knew it was true. They had found something very real together, but couldn't make it last.

"Who is it?" Selena asked, coming to the door. She saw Joe, and looked back and forth between Taylor and Joe, not sure what to say or do.

"You two really need to figure this out. I can't count how many times you've broken up." Selena said. She walked away, giving them space.

"She's right." Taylor said. "I love you, but we don't know how to make this work." Joe felt tears in his eyes. He was never going to love again.

"But you said forever." Joe said.

"Forever is the sweetest con." Taylor tried to stay calm, but wanted to cry. She didn't want to drive alone past his street. She always heard his voice in the traffic. He was the only person she could laugh with over all the noise.

"Can I talk to you?" Selena and Taylor went into Taylor's bedroom. Joe stood there in the doorway, wanting to leave. Without Taylor, he felt hollow. It hurt so loud. Taylor came back.

        A few months later

        Taylor danced down the street with Tom. She held her vodka coke, spinning around. Everyone was at her fingertips. But this wasn't how it was supposed to go.

Everything was coming up roses, kicking up snow. She didn't love Joe. Or at least she tried not to. It would have been fun if he would've been the one.

She went to her apartment to see Joe standing outside of her door. He looked over at her. His eyes took her home.

"I miss you." She said. He hugged her. She felt safe in his embrace. Her stomach growled. She opened the door, letting him in.

"Do you want something to eat?" She asked. He nodded. She got out brownies, his favorite. She warmed them up, sitting on the couch next with him.

"I still love you." Joe said.

"I still love you." Taylor touched her J necklace, hidden under her shirt. She shivered, and Joe put his jacket around her shoulders. All at once, she had flashbacks to their days of love. On Cornelia Street.

"I don't know how to make this work." Joe began to sob. Taylor held him tightly. If they got back together, it wouldn't end well if they broke up again. But if they didn't get back together, neither of them would love again.

"What if we try this again? I know we are so fked up. But I love you too much to walk away." Taylor said.

A/N: my first partial curse word in a story not sure where my innocence went

"We had to let it go free. But this love came back to us." Joe said softly.

Taylor began to cry, and Joe cried with her. It had been a long 3 months. Joe kissed her, and she kissed him back. Even if they lost each other again, she knew they would get back together somehow. Their love was messy, but it was theirs.

A/N:

this is kinda sad not gonna lie

and really bad im not the best at oneshots or chapters in general but at least im trying (just realized that could be a maisie peters or taylor swift reference now that YSUFT is out)

songs referenced:
Exile
Feels Like This
You're Not Sorry
Cowboy Like Me
Drivers License
Love Him I Don't
The One
John Hughes Movie
Cornelia Street
This Love

comment and vote pls 💕