Just The Other Day Part 1

Taylor made herself a cup of coffee, sitting at a stool to drink it and look out at New York. The lights were so bright, but they never blinded her. Most of the buildings were skyscrapers, and she gazed up at them, wondering if he was working there.

        She began to reminisce on her past. Just the other day, he had been sitting at the stool across from her. He used to fit her poems like a perfect rhyme.

        Her phone rang, and she picked up when she saw it was Selena.

        "Hey. What happened?" Selena asked.

        "We broke up. We fell apart in the usual way." Taylor replied. There wasn't anything special about their breakup, but their relationship was the best thing that had ever happened to her.

        "I'm so sorry. I'm coming over with bags of junk food. You better be hungry!" Taylor laughed, hanging up. She couldn't get him out of her mind.

        Taylor and Joe sat on their first date. They had been friends for years, so no small talk was needed. Joe talked about acting. He was so cool, it made Taylor hate him so much.

       She sipped her whiskey on ice. Her wig almost came off, and she adjusted it. Joe had been helping her through the worst of times.

       Taylor hadn't realized it then, but Joe was the one for her. Everywhere they had stood reminded her of him. She searched for his face in every crowd. Selena texted, asking if it was ok to come over later. Taylor agreed.

        She left her apartment to get some air, and got on a bustling train. She listened to music through her earbuds, wondering how she hadn't noticed how loud New York was. She had blocked out the sound with Joe.

        She wanted to give an earbud to Joe, and hold hands on the midnight train. She remembered sitting on his sofa bed, eating breakfast almost every morning. Oh, god, I'm in over my head. She remembered thinking.

        She always talked to her friends about Joe. He was always on her mind. She had no right to miss him. She was the reason they were over. He wasn't hers to lose.

       She got off the train and began to walk through whatever city she was in. She wasn't sure how long she had ridden that train, thinking about Joe. Everywhere they had stood was holy ground.

       She eventually rode a train back to her apartment, and waited for Selena to show up. She desperately wanted to see Joe. She had gone to his apartment many times before, promising him it was the last time. But now it was all over. He broke her heart in the blink of an eye.

        Selena came in, setting down her bags of ice cream and cookies. She ran to hug Taylor. Taylor hadn't cried since she broke up with Joe for the last time. They had been a fresh page on the desk. But she felt like a crumpled up piece of paper now.

        Halfway through the movie, Taylor heard a knock at the door. She checked her phone to see who was at the door. She got up immediately. She placed her hand on the door knob. But then she hesitated. Why was Joe here?

A/N:

Hope you liked this 😊

I referenced Holy Ground by Taylor Swift, Elvis Song by Maisie Peters, The Last Time by Taylor Swift, Cornelia Street by Taylor Swift, and All Too Well by Taylor Swift

Do you want to see a part 2???

also listen to You Signed Up For This by Maisie Peters the whole album is a masterpiece