The 28th Night Of September

A/N: i was very busy this week so consider this my oneshot for jaylors anniversary 💕 in this taylor and Joe are ballet dancers bc ive been watching a lot of ballet lately

       Joe stood in the wings, watching his girlfriend dance. Taylor was so beautiful. She leaped across the stage, a smile spreading across her face as she saw Joe. He ran on stage, and spun her.

        Even though thousands of people were in the audience watching, when the spotlight hit them, they felt alone. Taylor felt like it was just yesterday she had met Joe and gone on a date with him. It had been 5 years.

        The audience applauded as they bowed, and the rest of the cast came on stage for the finale. Taylor and Joe drifted apart in the chaos   of the entire cast running offstage when the lights went out. Taylor panicked. She was supposed to run on with Joe for a final bow.

       She felt Joe squeeze her hand, and instantly felt relieved. He was right next to her, and she hoped that never changed. They ran on stage, hearing the roar of the audience.

        "You were so beautiful." Joe whispered to her as they went offstage.

       "Your jumps were amazing." She responded. They both had a tendency to be perfectionists, and beat themselves up when they didn't get everything right. But right now, that didn't matter. Everything faded to nothing when she looked at him.

       Taylor got changed, talking with her friends about the next performance. The next performance was closing night, and they were about to audition for the next one and start all over again. Joe knocked on the door, and she ran to open it.

       He handed her flowers, and looped his arm in hers. They carried their bags to Joe's car, seeing the audience file out. Taylor saw a little girl coming up to her.

        "Are you Taylor?" The little girl asked. Taylor nodded. The little girl's eyes lit up.

       "I do ballet too. How can I become like you?" The girl's mother came up next to her.

        Taylor got down on her knees. "A lot of hard work." She responded. "And I see the look in your eyes when you talk about ballet. Don't lose that love." The girl nodded. She and her mother walked away. Taylor got in the car with Joe.

       "Happy anniversary." Joe handed her a present when they had unpacked. She unwrapped it carefully. It was a ring. She gasped. Joe got down on one knee.

       "I love dancing on stage with you. Every moment is indescribable, Will you marry me?" He asked. She said yes. He slid the ring on her finger.

        "I was going to ask the same thing." Taylor handed him his present. He chuckled, looking at her. She proposed to him. He held her hand as they made dessert, and his ring glistened in the kitchen light.

        As they waited for the dessert to cook, they began to dance in the refrigerator light. The clock struck midnight as Taylor gazed into Joe's eyes.

        They sat on the couch, icing their muscles. Every day was exhausting, but they were exhausted together. They had the silence that only came when two people understood each other. Being together was the only way that could find peace.

A/N: i hoped you liked this 😊

i referenced call it what you want, all too well, and peace by taylor swift

i have rehearsal today and i think it's with my director who makes everyone cry 💀 so im trying to remember why i love dance because I don't want him to take that from me

see you guys soon