Chapter 1️⃣7️⃣:

⚠️Mention of self harm⚠️

Jades POV:

Once I finally entered the flat it was still a mess. I knew Leigh and Jesy had been by to fix it up a little but it was still a mess, since the incident with Zayn. Our front door was boarded up, from where it had been smashed in. The wall Zayn had Perrie pushed up against had a large hole in it from where he had smashed her into the picture frame. Our carpet had mud imprinted into it from all the police and paramedics walking in and out. The table and dinning room chairs weren't in their usual positions.

Everything just didn't feel right. I had to take a breathe to try and slow my thoughts of the night unravelling in my head. Seeing Perrie pushed up against the wall like that it scared me. The only reason I could even try ans fight Zayn off her was due to the adrenaline pumping through my body. Seeing her body being shocked back to life as I heard her ribs cracking from the CPR, these thoughts were doing things to my head.

It didn't smell right either it smelt hospital like, as though I could taste her blood that had been puddling all over the floor. There was a cold draft coming through. Being back in the dark was really messing with my head.

I decided if it had this much of an impact on me it would really effect Perrie so I spent the next couple of hours clearing it all up properly.

Finally, at about 2 hours of cleaning it all up I felt more at home. I had tried to scrub the footprints out of the carpet and had made it look half normal again. Despite the wall and door it wasn't as obvious as before.

I started putting away the cleaning stuff, heating up the food Jesy and Leigh had left me. I was extremely thankful for it as whilst I heated it up a smashing wave of tiredness hit me. My joints were slow to move, eyes literally shutting on me. I grabbed the food heading to bed, ignoring the things still left on the floor.

Fuck it.

I left the rest of the mess,  too tired to care. I sort of forgot about sleep in the hospital, Perrie was my priority and so everything else was pushed below her. Something about seeing her sleep made me anxious that she wouldn't wake up again and I would be laying with her passed out again. It brought back the memories of just days before when I sat holding her hand, crying into her, begging her unresponsive body to wake up. I couldn't risk that again, so instead of sleeping I would just lie there looking down at her. Scaring myself with how much I cared about her, studying every single part of her face over the nights.

I studied the way her nostrils flared, her right slightly more than her left every time see breathed in. How she had a random light streak of hair in the front of her parting. How she always rested her head to the left hand side. How she would run her thumb up and down my arm u too she fell asleep. How her heart would beat, the pattern and rhythm. I spent hours staring at her realising how much this girl meant to me.

Due to that, tired was no longer a way to describe the state I was in. I wondered into her bedroom, I missed her so her room only felt right if I wanted any sleep. Just about managing to set an alarm for tomorrow as I fell asleep finally in the comfort of her bed.

————————————————————————

The next day I woke early, taking a quick shower, fixing and tyding the rest of the flat, heading back to the hospital. I had left my hair to dry naturally to give me a wavy, free look. I put on a pair of Perries joggers for no other reason than the fact they were easier to find as my room was a mess. That was one good thing about Perrie not being there was she wasn't whining at me for the state of my room.

I arrived at the hospital before anyone else as the visitor car park was empty.

I walked into her room, taking a deep breathe realising she was still okay. I knew she would be but it just eased my body seeing it with my own eyes.