Chapter Twenty Eight: One path

Vivi's POV
Of one of my many unsightly and unattractive habits is drooling in my sleep. I have zero control over that. Zeke's pillow is soaked. I quickly flipped it when he looked in my direction. I sat up quickly and bumped my head.

"Careful." Now he tells me. He is flipping eggs. There's a stack of pancakes on a plate and juice in a pitcher.

"What time is it?"

"It's high noon." He answered. "But for you it can be morning. Did you sleep well?"

I have no idea how I fell asleep or how O even got on the bed. I was on the floor. Where did he sleep? This bed is for one person. "Yes. When did I fall asleep?"

"Halfway through your cup of tea. I carried you to the bed. Breakfast is ready." If he was the breakfast... Yummy! He's shirtless, pants hanging low. Sexy tight abs! Dirty thoughts in my mind. I looked away momentarily. "But first, your wounds. Allow me change the  bandages." He pressed his palms together as though he needs permission to play doctor. He can play doctor anytime.

"Okay."

"The pants need to come off."

"Oh!" Both our cheeks burned until I realized something. "No... I'm not wearing any underwear."

He rubbed the back of his head. "Well there's nothing to be shy about. I'm a doctor so I have seen... much. But..." He reached for a blanket. "Cover yourself."

He turned away. His back is a sculpture of beautiful art -a fierce dragon tattoo covering his entire back- and muscle twitching under the fair skin with every nervous move he is making. He keeps trying to tame his head from turning but his neck betrays him falling under the command if his curious mind. I bit my lip. I haven't been with a man in almost a year. He's turning me on. I switched off those improper feelings and cleared my throat when I was done with the blanket covering my upper thighs.

He still didn't turn.

"Zeke, I'm done."

"Great!" He smiled. He brought the black bag and as he did yesterday, slipped on gloved. He carefully undressed the wounds. I watched to see if he did a good job or he's in need of reprimanding. His smile told me everything is okay. He went about cleaning the stitched wounds and wrapped me with clean bandage.

It feels good to have someone take care of me when I have felt alone and scared for so long. I pressed a kiss on his forehead. It was fleeting and unexpected. He looked up with with wide eyes. A light blush covered his cheeks. As though he knows what I meant to say he smiled. "You're welcome. I'll bring breakfast to you."

I took the chance to put on the pants once again. We are not at the port anymore. I let out a sigh of relief as I took in the ocean with the view of the distant city. The last time I was in the middle of the ocean it wasn't pleasant. As much as this is familiar, I feel good about this time around. Something about it feels right.

He placed a tray beside the bed. "I'm ready to be judged." He gestured to the food.

"I have been eating trash for months. This is great." I picked a pancake and a glass of orange juice. I can taste the pulp. "Did you squeeze this?"

"Yes, freshly squeezed. I don't like the store stuff. How are the pancakes?"

"Heavenly!" I spoke with my mouth full. Old habits. I stopped chewing. My mother would have pulled my ear. Tears flooded my eyes and I couldn't help but explode in a painful wail. Zeke didn't know what to do. He watched with confusion on his handsome face. It took a moment before I willed myself to stop. I picked another pancake and carried on eating more decently this time in honor of mother.