My little angel.... (sad)

Hello there!
I am a proud father of a lovely little girl!

She just recently turned seven.
It was a nice birthday with lots of cake and gifts for my little angel.

A few days ago we watched the movir 'frozen' together and she asked me:"Daddy...? Why is the pretty lady sad?"

I answered her:"Well.. she's lonely"

"What does lonely mean?", she asked me with curious eyes.

I thought for a moment before looking at those innocent eyes full of interest again.

I said:" Well... most people think that people who are lonely are alone, but people can also be lonely without being alone"

"Uhu...", she said in thoughts noting her head while she did.

I went on with my explanation:"People who are lonely feel sad and cold. They can be surrounded by many or all alone but each of them wants the same: They all just want someone to be with them, to be there for them, to talk to them and to take them into their arms"

"But how do people get lonely around people when they want to be with people?", she asked confused.

"Well some people don't just want anyone to be around them, they want to be with certain people who are special to them and sometimes there are people around you which you don't like", I answered her.

"Like teachers?", she asked me with a grin on her face.

"Yeah, like teachers", I said laughing slightly.

"Daddy, do you feel lonely when you're with me?", she asked me.

"No honey, of course not! How could I feel lonely when I have such a sweet angel like you with me?", I said smiling at her softly.

She giggled and hugged me tightly.

"I love you daddy! ", she said with her soft voice.

I hugged her back.

"I love you too little angel", I said calmly.

We didn't say anything for a while before she started speaking:" Daddy...?"

"Yes sweetheart?", I said, releasing her from the hug.

"Does everyone have someone they so that they don't feel lonely?", she asked.

"Yeah, I guess so", I answered her.

"And that person can be anyone?", she asked.

"Yes, this person can be a friend, a family member or it can even be a pet", I said.

"And what can they do to make someone feel less lonely?", she asked.

"Weelll... they can hug them, listen to them, be there when their sad or troubled, they can hug them, spend their time with them or just tell them that everything will be okay", I said.

"In that case I will hug you as often as I can, always listen when you need to talk, be there when you're sad, spend aaalll my time with you and always tell you that everything is going to be okay!", she said with a bright smile.

This girl... my daughter...
She's a special one.
She may be young but she has a great understanding of the things around her.

I pat her head and smiled.

"You're a good child, you know that?", I said.

She giggled smiling brightly.

"I couldn't wish for a better daughter than you", I said.

"No! I couldn't wish for a better dad than you!", she corrected me with a grin on her face.

.

.

.

This was one of the few moments I had with her.

She was my daughter, my child, my light, my everything!
And now... she's the grave I visit every day after work...

The movie I watched with her, the bed she layed in and in which I said next to her?

Well we watched that movie on my phone, with me sitting next to her bed, right there in that hospital.

She was sick.
She knew that she wouldn't live long, we all did.

She never let that bring her down tho, she was always positive and smiling so brightly.

But even tho I knew that she'd die soon I was still not prepared that it would happen this soon.

I tried making the best out of the time we had together and now I hope you have your best time up there in heaven.

I can still see your smile and hear you laughing whenever I close my eyes or fall asleep.

My little angel if you read this or if you hear my thoughts:

I hope you're well up there.
Please take care of yourself and don't forget to wear a jacket, it's raining soon. I love you little angel.

~ dad
_______________________________________
752 words

Hello guys, it's your author! (:

This chapter is another sad one, but don't worry I'm already planning a happy one! ^^

This chapter doesn't include any real people or any true facts, still even I as the creator of this story must admit that I spilled a few tears here and there while writing this. (':

Well, I read you in another short story until then take care and goodbye! ^^
_______________________________________
823 words