happier -spencer & jj

in which spencer meets will.
(loosely based on happier by olivia rodrigo)

####

"spencer ! come here, let me introduce you to will. properly this time." though the idea terrified him, jj was too excited for spencer to turn down the offer, "we worked a case is New Orleans with him a while back, im sure you remember."

"how could i forget ?" spencers signature awkward smile shining through despite the anxiety of what he knew was coming.

"hes at the round table right now, c'mon." the blonde girl grabbed spencers wrist, dragging him through the bullpen.

spencer barely managed to swallow down his fear before being pulled through the door.

"will, this is spencer ! you probably remember him." jj dropped spencers wrist to hold will's hand instead. the younger agent pretended it didnt hurt.

"its real nice to meet you in a nicer context doctor." his thick accent only ticked spencer off further. something about it fuelled his anger.

"im glad we're getting to meet under such lovely circumstances." his voice was laced with venom, unintentionally of course. but jealousy has always been the hardest emotion to hide.

jj could sense the tension. anger was practically radiating off spencer. for reasons unbeknownst to her.

"me and jayje have been together for months now, and shes just gotten 'round to showing me her friends. but im not really complainin', theyve been the best months of my life." will wrapped his arm around his girlfriend, spencer was almost past his breaking point.

"i have to agree." she looked up at him with complete adoration. and spencer snapped.

"he seems kind jj. i wish you both the best, really. i hope youre happy." he sent a small smile towards the couple before shaking his head and continuing, quieter this time, "but, not like how you were with me."

"spence what are you-"

"its selfish, i know. trust me, im perfectly aware. but i cant just let you go." he was fidgeting incessantly and looked to be on the verge of tears. "im glad youve found someone great, but just know youll never find anyone better than i could have been."

"spencer you need to calm down." hotch interrupted, trying to stop the situation from escalating any further.

"i really hope that youre happy. but dont be happier."

####
THIS IS SO SHIT IM SO SORRY