Chapter 21: Silent Thanks

Zane left PIXAL and Vania to finish bandaging Harumi's injuries while he went to ask Lloyd about what had happened inside the cloud. He walked towards the rest of the team who were treating Lloyd's injuries. Lloyd flinched and hit Kai's hand when he accidentally touched a badly injured part on his left arm, "Careful with that, Kai." He grunted and lifted his arm to his chest, trying to cease the pain, "I-It's still pretty bad." He bit his lip.

Kai backed up, "Oh, sorry. Didn't know, Big Shot." He frowned, not wanting to make Lloyd be in any more pain than he's already in.

Lloyd waved it off with his left arm but that turned out to be a mistake because as soon as he did, the pain shot up through his arm and he pulled his arm back down, groaning quietly at the pain. Skylor looked at him, "You know that it's okay to feel pain, right? You don't have to try and be quiet about it." She shrugged before going back to the injury she was working on, "It'll just hurt more."

"I know, I know. I'm just... trying to get over it. I've been in worse." He muttered while shaking his head. Skylor nodded in understanding, making him smile. He saw Zane coming over and called out to him, "Zane!"

He came over at the mention of his name. "Yes, Lloyd?"

"How's Rum-" He corrected himself, "Harumi? How's she doing? Will she recover?" He asked frantically.

"Slow down, Lloyd. And yes, she will recover soon. She's doing well. I'm not sure how but she's recovering from the oni magic very quickly." Zane explained, "It's almost as if..." He trailed off, trying to find the right words for it.

By now, everyone that was in earshot was listening to Zane's explanation. Zane was taking so long to think of the right words that Jay groaned, "Ugh, Zane... Almost as if what? Quit stalling." He frowned in annoyance, "Just get to it already! The suspense is killing me-!" He whined. Zane flattened his brows as in saying 'Are you kidding me?'.

Cole clamped his mouth shut and gave an innocent smile to Zane, "Just... Take your time." Zane smiled before hearing his next sentence, "But if you can, it would be better if you can hurry." He chuckled nervously and cleared his throat when he saw Zane's annoyed glare. "Pretend you didn't hear me say that." He gave a nervous smile.

Zane went back to thinking what to say when PIXAL intercepted the process, "The words Zane is looking for is 'As if something is protecting her, like magic'." She said with a smile while gesturing to them.

"Yes! That is correct, PIXAL." Zane smiled while nodding.

Lloyd raised a brow, "Okay. So it's like 'magic'." He quoted with the gestures.

PIXAL looked at him, "Did you just use quotation marks for the word... 'Magic'?" She asked him.

"Yes," He nodded, "Okay, back to the magic thing." He changed the subject, "It's like magic, but what kind of magic?" He questioned.

No one answered since no one knew what the answer was. They were all left to think about it, confused, when all of a sudden, something glowed gold. Everyone looked up from their thoughts and looked at the source. It was from Harumi. The glow came from her chest. Zane noticed something, "Fascinating..." He gaped before the light disappeared.

"What's fascinating?" Jay asked him.

"The glow." Zane answered plainly before adding more, "It seems to be healing her. Look." He pointed out before projecting the video of the glowing light coming from Harumi. He replayed it and pointed at her frozen limbs turning back to flesh. Everyone gasps.

Vania smiled in astonishment, "That's awesome!" She exclaimed, "Harumi will recover pretty quickly if Zane's theory is right." She cheered as she approached Harumi's figure.