Chapter 25: Seeking The Ocean

Harumi felt someone press a kiss on her cheek before whispering.

"Thank you for what you did. I appreciate it."

She could recognize that voice from miles away. That sweet, calming voice that just sways her. The voice that belongs to the one and only, Lloyd Garmadon. The only guy that ever caught her heart. Even when she was the Quiet One, she really did return Lloyd's feelings. She was just too lost in her rage and that led her to be blind for Lloyd's love.

She was foolish to think that resurrecting an evil spirit would fill the hole in her heart. Resurrecting the evil Lord Garmadon did nothing but trouble to everyone around her, even herself. Resurrecting him caused her to break Lloyd's heart, kill many innocent people, made lots of other kids be like her, destroyed Mr. E, and it almost led to her death. Twice.

The first time was after Mr. E had failed to capture the Emperor's son, Lloyd. Lord Garmadon threatened that he'd kill her next if she would fail him. She did. She failed to catch the Green Ninja and she paid the price for her stupidity. She should have left his side after he nearly killed her. That was supposed to be her eye-opener, but she closed them again and let herself follow her foolishness.

The second time was when Lord Garmadon and Skylor fought over the control of the colossus. Survival instincts kicked in and she fled from Borg Tower as she knew it wasn't safe anymore. The colossus was too close for the tower to be safe. She used a zipline and crossed over to the nearest building. She could've avoided her near-death situation but she chose to save another from the same fate as her younger self experienced.

The only good thing that came from that day was the fact that she was selfless enough to help a stranger and the fact that she and Lloyd locked eyes with each other. It was at that moment that she knew that she had ruined everything for Ninjago, for Lloyd, and for herself. She nearly died when the building collapsed. She thought she was a goner, but thankfully, the family she saved was kind enough to save her, even after everything she did to Ninjago.

But it still didn't make sense. How did she survive the fall? Mrs. Huxley was a doctor and she didn't even know how I survived. She was hanging on the side of the apartment and she lost her grip, falling to her doom. When she landed, it all went black and she didn't wake up until months passed. There had to be a reason that she had survived.

Garmadon visited her when she was staying with the Huxley's and told her something. Something that confused her. It didn't make much sense.

"My father told me that you were given a second chance of life for a reason."

That was what he said. But what did it mean? Maybe that was how she survived the oni cloud. Maybe it was so that she could help the Ninja on this mission. Because if she hadn't had come, the Ninja would never have known that the oni were coming back. But again, that didn't really make much sense.

When she was unconscious, the Omega told Lloyd something. A prophecy. She hasn't heard of one since the Prophecy of the Green Ninja. The prophecy was about the Golden Child being the only one to have the power to defeat the Greater Darkness to come. He also said that the Omega told him that the oni were only the messenger, so if she was given a second chance in life, she had to have an important role in this prophecy. It was the only thing that made sense. If she didn't have a role in this then what would be the point of letting her live?

She just now realized that she's been thinking for a few hours about this. She finally opened her eyes. The only sounds she could hear were the snores that came from her friends. Some were loud and some were light. She could also hear the waves crashing into one another since they were near the beach. She stared at the ocean. It was around 6 a.m since she could see the sun just starting to rise.