He made me understand!

Chapter 8

(Johanna's P.O.V)

Peeta looks back at me when I sigh loudly and my eyes widen in shock when I realize that he knows... He knows that I have a HUGE CRUSH on Gale!

But there... Right there I can also see it in Peeta's eyes.
He wears the same look as me in his eyes and all they are showing is jealousy.

Does he love Katniss?!!!

But that's impassib- wait!

What was it Annie said about Peeta's mother??

Can it be true?!?!!

"Peeta can we talk for a second?" I blurt out.

Peeta nod his head slowly while the others just look confused at me. I shrug at them and we walk in the kitchen.

Peeta looks at me and rise an eyebrow but I don't say anything instead I walk up to him and lift up his shirt...

He have a big scar over his chest.

"So it's true? Your mother abuse you?" I ask him.

He looks down and then looks up again with pleading eyes.

"Listen Johanna! Please I beg you, they think I'm laying and I want it to be that way!!"

"Why?" I ask.

"Listen, my mom has always wanted a girl and they had already decided that I was going to be the last kid... And look at me Johanna... I am not a girl! I'm just a fat ugly worthless boy" He say with tears in his eyes.

"Peeta you are neither fat, ugly or worthless! And if your mom hate her own son them she is nothing more but a monster!" I say.

He stay silent for a few minutes before he looks up with a small smile playing in his lips.

"You have a crush on Gale!"

"Shhh! They will her you! And by the way you have a crush on Katniss!" I protest.

His cheeks turns pink.

"It doesn't matter Johanna! Me and Katniss will never happen! And who cares if they hear us?! Love is not something you decide cause if it was then I wouldn't been in love with someone I knew would never feel the same!" He explain.

"Peeta, I know I'm not someone who usually say things like this but I'm sorry!... For everything!" I say.

"It's ok" he say.

Suddenly we here Clove say from outside the door:

"Katniss, Gale is so sweet! You two is so made for each other!"

Peeta pull me into a hug.

"I know, I love him so much and he help me come over all the pain. His smile makes my heart melt, and I feel sparks every time we touch. Love is amazing!"

"No, love hurts!" Peeta whisper in my ear.

I give him a small smile before he takes on an apron and I walk out from the kitchen.

"What was it you wanted from Peeta?" Glimmer ask and they all turn around and look at me, I can also see Peeta's brothers glancing up from the corner of my eyes.

"Nothing... He just made me understand that things isn't always like it's seem to be" I explain.

"Shall we go?" Cato ask.

We all nod our heads and walk out from the bakery.

The rain has finally stopped and it's only when I see Gale and Katniss hug, talk and blush I realized that what Peeta said was true.

Love hurts!... So much!

He made me understand!