I'm Really Going To Do This

Rachel pinned up the last of the flowers into her neatly tied bun, as she straightened out her dress and surveyed herself in the mirror and took a deep breath.

The big day, Monica and Chandler's wedding, was finally here, and as Rachel smoothed down her maid-of-honor dress in the mirror, her mind was filled with happiness for her best friend finally getting her happy-ever-after, 

Butterflies were running through her body, as she examined herself in the mirror. She had to admit, the dresses that she and Phoebe were wearing for the ceremony, were perfect. The dress was a green-ish colour with faded flower designs on it, which went all the way to her heels. A thick, confortable strap, paired with just the right amount of cleavage, made the dress a perfect fit for her.

Rachel's eyes slid down to her stomach and she placed her palm on it, which she knew would soon become a lot bigger than it already was. Millions of confused, unsure, scared, but also slightly excited thoughts ran through her head as she went over everything that had happened in the last week.

(...)

"Ughhh," Rachel groaned as she felt herself needing to hurl out her organs again. She puked all over the toilet seat, yet again, for what felt like the hundredth time for her. In reality it was actually the fifth time in the last hour, but that was still a pretty hefty number.

The sickness had been going on for about five or six days now, and Rachel had been careful enough not to let anyone else know, because being so close to Monica's wedding day and having so much other work for everyone else to do, she didn't want anyone stressing over her.

But as she thought about it, she'd initially dismissed it as a stomach bug, but it felt like something else, but she just didn't have the time to deal with it with all of the intense wedding shit she had to do as a maid-of-honor.

'Welp, better be careful, don't wanna be spreading around a bug so close to the big day, Mon'll kill me.' She thought to herself.

With much difficulty, she pulled herself up, groaning and muttering, still feeling nauseous, and flushed down the remnants of yet another vomit session on her part. She walked out the bathroom and over to Monica's apartment to solve another bullshit caterer problem for the wedding that she knew her best friend would be completely freaking out over.

(...)

Present-day Rachel just shook her head at her obliviousness. How could she have not thought the obvious? It'd been just a month, she'd even noticed her period was late, and still, her oh-so brilliant mind did not come to the conclusion that she might be... well...

Pregnant.

Rachel sighed inwardly, continuing to lose herself in the onslaught of memories that raged in her mind, and re-watched her life take a massive turn with a seriously surprising revelation.

(...)

"Oh Rach thank god you're here!" Phoebe practically yelled.

"Why, what happened?" 

"Well, uhm, Mon's... well, losing her mind." Phoebe gestured over to their friend who was yelling her ass off on the phone to the caterer.

"Oh shit." A distressed Monica was never ever a good sign, and Rachel immediately felt this problem sink, because if Monica was losing her shit, then it would make it so much harder to actually fix the issue. 

"Have you tried to calm her down?" Rachel asked a worried and fed-up Phoebe, who nodded.

"Once. But I figured it might work if both of us tried."