She Deserves Better Than Me

Ross sat on his couch, with his hands in his hair. He yanked at it in frustration. 

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU," he roared. "YOU JUST SCREWED UP THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO YOU!" His eyes were red and threatened to spill.

His anger dissipated ever so slightly, and he curled up onto his sofa and sobbed. His body wracked with tears as he gulped and choked on his cries. 

Ross usually very rarely cried, and it just shows how important Rachel was, no, is to him. 

His stupid mistake broke them up, the dream couple, the two seemingly inseparable partners. He hated and loathed himself so much! Seeing an alcohol bottle on the counter, he lunged up, strode towards it and emptied the bottle in four big gulps. Alcohol coursed through his veins, and he let himself drown in his sorrow as memories and dreams took him away.

Their first kiss... 

He slammed the door to the coffee house, feeling more confused than angry. Rachel liked him? How? Just how? 

After cooling off, he peered through the Central Perk windows and saw her head in her hands. She was crying, and it broke his heart. She got up and saw his face through the door looking straight at her.

Never breaking eye contact, she slowly walked to the door, unbolted it and opened it up wide. They looked deeply into each other's eyes, sending an undeniable message as her gaze slipped to his lips. 

A stride forward was all it took for his lips to reach hers, and fireworks could almost be seen erupting from the union of their lips. She sank into him as he held her tight, never wanting to let her go.

The morning after they first slept together...

The sunlight shone on their faces, as Ross opened his eyes slowly, his vision immediately falling on the gorgeous woman in his arms. He smiled. How could he have attained such a beautiful girl? He felt her stir in his arms, and her bright blue eyes met his.

"G'morning beautiful." His husky voice sent shivers through Rachel's body.

"Morning you." She smiled. "Last night was just.. wow!!" 

He chuckled. "Yeah. Probably the best ever," he said, making her giggle. He gazed into her bright blue orbs, as she looked back into his warm, hazel eyes, both sending an unspoken thanks to the other.

Their first 'I love you's'

Ross raised his voice. "Well, then, you're gonna have to understand that you're with a guy who's not gonna stop planning his future with you because he knows that we will end up together. If that scares you, tough, cuz you're gonna have to deal with that."

"Fine, I will," Rachel replied in the same tone. 

"Good, cuz I love you."

"Yeah? Well, I love you too."

That's the first time we've said that. 

"Yes, it is." Came a soft reply.

"Well, I'm gonna kiss you now." He gave a playful grin.

"Well you better," she said sweetly and sank into him as her lips crashed into his, both enjoying the others' taste, and bathing in the passion, heat and fierceness that the kiss enveloped them in.

Back to present-day...

Ross woke up with the door banging loudly. He groaned and made his way over to it. Opening the door, he found Monica, Chandler, Joey and Phoebe staring at him. 

"Hey, guys, what's up?" He said half-heartedly.

Monica hugged him sympathetically as if to say, I'm so so sorry.

He buried his face into her hair as he felt tears fall.

She pulled away and they all looked at him. 

"How you holding up?" Joey was the first to speak.

Ross chuckled dryly. "Like shit." After a moment. "How is she?" His voice broke at she.

The four exchanged glances, remembering how miserable Rachel was. "Just as bad as you sweetie," Monica replied.

"I'm a terrible person. I just fucking ruined the best thing that's ever happened to me! I hurt her! The one woman I've loved more than anything on this damn planet." He ranted. "I hate myself."

The four looked at him sympathetically.

"Guys?" They looked at him. "Please tell her something. Tell her that she doesn't deserve what I put her through. She deserves better than me. She deserves someone special. She deserves better than me. Tell her to be happy."