viii. the great fall

FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS all people could talk about was Sirius Black. Everyday the theories were getting wilder and wilder and Anna was keen to listen to them all.

"I like to hear how far human's stupidity can take them." She would say.

The professors has been keeping a close eye on Harry after the incident and Percy has been tailing after him like an extremely pompous dog. Even McGonagall has tried to stop him from playing Quidditch but using her weakness for the game Harry was saved for the time being.

The headmaster, Professor Dumbledore even called Anna with the excuse of a cup of tea to interrogate her.

The weather worsened steadily as the first Quidditch match drew nearer. At their final training session before Saturday's match, Oliver Wood gave his team some unwelcome news.

"We're not playing Slytherin!" He told them, looking very angry. "Flint's just been to see me. We're playing Hufflepuff instead."

Anna gaped at him and the team chorused Why?

"Flint's excuse is that their Seeker's arm's still injured." Said Wood, grinding his teeth furiously. "But it's obvious why they're doing it. Don't want to play in this weather. Think it'll damage their chances... "

There had been strong winds and heavy rain all day and as much as Anna loved it, it really wasn't a weather to play sport.

"There's nothing wrong with Malfoy's arm!" Said Harry furiously. "He's faking it!"

"Yes!" Anna agreed. "I swear if he keeps whining about it I'll actually break his arm for real this time."

Lucius Malfoy has, as predicted, talked to the Ministry about sacking Hagrid but afterwards settled for doing something to Buckbeak. Anna and Hermione has been trying to help Hagrid with all their might. From going to the library to search for books of law to training Hagrid about what to say during the trial, they did every thing. If it wasn't just Hagrid, they were also anxious for Buckbeak. Especially Anna who has developed a soft spot for the bird. An innocent animal shouldn't suffer because of an idiot.