xv. into the shrieking shack

ANNA HADN'T PLAYED MANY BUT SHE KNEW that this one was the dirtiest one she was ever going to play

ANNA HADN'T PLAYED MANY BUT SHE KNEW that this one was the dirtiest one she was ever going to play. The Slytherin team played nastily, not minding if they were even playing by rules. Bludgers were shoot around madly and they had started to use their bats to knock off the Gryffindors rather than hitting those Bludgers. The Chasers and Wood had it worst.

Anna, bleeding freely from her nose, zoomed past the players with the Quaffle clutched tightly under her arm and was just about to throw it when a chaser came flying towards her, she didn't notice till he was at a breathing distance and kicked her broomstick near the tail twig roughly, making her drop the Quaffle.

"Sorry- was stretching my leg." He smirked.

George Weasley shot a Bludger at his direction with his bat, cursing many profound slurs.

"Gryffindor! Slytherin! Penalty!" Madam Hooch screamed.

Anna swore loudly, wiping the blood off with the end of her jumper. This was the third one she had missed. She didn't know if it was just her or the opposing team was aiming for her mainly.

Fred and George began swooping around her, clubs raised, in case any Slytherin attack her again. Bole and Derrick took the opportunity to aim both Bludgers at Wood, they caught him in the stomach, one after the other and he rolled over in the air, clutching his broom, completely winded.

"You do not attack the keeper unless the Quaffle is within the scoring area!" Madam Hooch shrieked, "Gryffindor Penalty!"

Angelina passed Anna the Quaffle who caught it swiftly and flew over to the Slytherin goalposts, determination ringing in her ears. She looked behind once to see Montague on her tail only to face forward to have Warrington flying over to her, blocking her way. Instead of halting however, she urged her Firebolt to speed up. Ignoring the warning yells from Wood and Angelina, Anna clutched the Quaffle harder. Even if she was knocked off her broom, she wasn't loosing grip on the Quaffle this time.

Just inches before she collided into Warrington, Anna turned the top of her broomstick and moved right, letting Montague who was unable to see Warrington tumble into Montague, the two Slytherins losing their balance, hitting the ground. Anna took a U-turn and lifted her arm holding the Quaffle, ready to throw once she came near the goalpost. Bletchley, the Slytherin Keeper raised his arms to block the goalpost and Anna finally released the Quaffle, eagerly watching as it flew past Bletchley's outstretched hand and enter the goalpost.