i. the quidditch cataclysm

LAUGHER ECHOED in the huge courtyard, the house elves held their breaths and rushed to move the things they used to tend the garden as usual two children ran past them: a girl and a boy

LAUGHER ECHOED in the huge courtyard, the house elves held their breaths and rushed to move the things they used to tend the garden as usual two children ran past them: a girl and a boy. The girl, slightly taller and with reddish, slightly blonde hair chased the smaller boy with darker, usually neat but untamed hair due to the windy day.

"I'm gonna hex you!" She laughed, holding out a stick, holding it in the same fashion she'd noticed her mother holding her wand.

The boy shrieked and started running faster.

"Stupify!" She screeched.

The boy spun around, "Protego!" He yelled, holding out a similar stick.

"I got you first!" Little Anna stated letting her arm fall on her side.

"No! I did!" Little Alan whined while stomping a foot on the ground. "You always do this! I was faster this time."

"Fine, fine. You got away, happy?" Anna sighed and then began to smirk. "But that doesn't mean I still can't win."

Alan frowned in confusion, then a look of realisation dawned on his face and he shrieked, beginning to pelt away.

Anna laughed and chased him again, throwing away the stick, this time determined to catch him. Thanks to her longer legs, she reached him in seconds and lunged herself at him, making the both of them fall on the grass.

She began to tickle his sides and Alan squirmed under her, breaking into numerous fits of giggles. "Stop! Stop!" He managed to say and let out a loud snort. "Okay, okay, you win now! Let me go! Ow, Lizzie-bee!"

"That's what I thought, Alanardo!" Anna replied in a sing song voice and finally let him go, rolling onto his side, so that the both of them lied side by side.

They watched the clear sky silently, just distant echoes of their mother's voice could be heard from the house.

"Just three years more before you start Hogwarts." Alan broke the silence, sighing sadly.