xiv. the ultimatum

THE PARTY IN THE GRYFFINDOR TOWER, after their win against Ravenclaw felt as if they'd already won the House Cup

THE PARTY IN THE GRYFFINDOR TOWER, after their win against Ravenclaw felt as if they'd already won the House Cup. Fred and George had slipped into the kitchens and brought back various of food. Anna had been in a fierce adrenaline all day and chatted animatedly with almost everyone. Harry felt this was the best day ever, they won the match, he got to see Malfoy get told off by McGonagall, he'd been able to conjure a Patronus even though he didn't get to see it himself and Anna had hugged him so tight, been so proud of him, he couldn't possibly ask for more. Ron had also been high on spirits all day and flaunted their win to the other houses in nearly every chance he got, especially in front of the Slytherins. However, there was one person who did not join in their celebration. Hermione kept her nose down her enormous book and when Harry approached her to ask her to join them, she said I can't Harry, I've still got four hundred and twenty-two pages to read! Anyway.. He doesn't want me to join in.

There was no arguing with this, as Ron chose that moment to say loudly, "If Scabbers hadn't just been eaten, he could have had some of these Fudge Flies, he used to really like them-"

Hermione burst into tears. Before Harry could say or do something, she had tucked the enormous book under her arm, and, still sobbing, run towards the staircase to the girl's dormitories and out of sight.

And that was how the party ended for Anna, who threw a glare at Ron, smacked him on his head with a mince pie and followed after the hysteric girl.

"Can't you give her a break?" Harry asked Ron quietly.

"No." Said Ron flatly, taking a bite off the pie he'd just been hit with, "If she just acted like she was sorry- but she'll never admit she's wrong, Hermione. She's still acting like Scabbers has gone on holiday or something."

Oh, but the day was far from over.

Anna, who after comforting Hermione had fallen asleep with her, woke up with a jolt on hearing a girlish scream.

"What the-?" She asked groggily.

"You heard it too, didn't you?" Said Hermione who had sat up, her face pale, "That scream.. It sounds like Ron!"