ix. dark times

ANNA STOOD IN FRONT OF THE boys showers in the Quidditch lockers. She could hear the water of the shower hitting the tiles and occasional sobs and sniffles.

Anna sighed. She had been standing there for the last twenty minutes. Torn between knocking or just going back to the Hospital wing. Finally mustering some Gryffindor courage, she lifted her fist and knocked gently.

"Oliver?" She said softly.

No response. Anna hesitated and knocked again, just a bit harder.

"Oliver, I know you're in there. Please say something." Anna pleaded.

"Leave me alone Anna." Oliver croaked.

"Ok, I will. Will you come out then?"

Silence.

"Yeah" Oliver said after a while.

Anna didn't push him anymore and simply left. No one will ever know how much Quidditch meant to Oliver.

She entered the Entrance Hall, making her way to the Hospital wing. She lifted her left hand and wiped the leftover tear from her cheek which was mixed with water. Her eyes were bloodshot, clothes still dripping wet and slightly muddy. Her Auburn hair which was previously in a ponytail hung loosely on her sides. She could only guess how filthy she looked.

She was still shaken from the previous events that had taken place in the Quidditch match. The memory of how fast Harry was falling from the sky still fresh on her mind. Before Harry could touch the ground however Dumbledore had casted a spell at him to slower his fall. Nobody had ever seen the Headmaster so furious.

She remembered how she threw her broomstick on the ground and ran towards Harry as fast as her legs could carry her, not caring about the Dementors which were still present in the pitch. She was the first to reach him, kneeling by his side and calling him. He was so cold and pale.

She clinged onto his arm as he was levitated and taken to the Hospital wing followed closely by Ron, Hermione, Angelina, Katie, Neville and the twins. She sat beside him for an hour until her friends requested her to go check Oliver as they reckoned he would only listen to her. Anna scoffed. Like she could.