9 - Starting Again (part 2)

~ 7:30 pm

I sprayed myself with a little Versace before looking in the mirror and adding the final adjustments to my suit.

"This is it"

I grabbed the bouquet of flowers and a bottle of red wine off the kitchen counter, got my keys and made my way to the car.

~ I pulled up on Nicki's driveway. She was already waiting outside for me. I got out of the car with the flowers and wine and smiled at Nicki. She smiled back at me. God her smile was beautiful.

"Hey Aubrey" Nicki approached me

"Hey Nicki" I gave her a quick hug and a peck on the cheek. "These are for you" I handed the flowers and the wine over to Nicki

"That's really sweet Aub" Nicki grinned at me

"You all set for tonight"

"Yes"

I linked Nicki's arm and escorted her to the car. I opened the car door and took the wine and flowers off her as she got in. I closed the door and put the gifts in the boot. I got in the drivers seat and fastened my seatbelt. I smiled and hit the gas.

We arrived at the restaurant.

I accompanied Nicki inside and checked in for our reservation.
I sat down at the table.

"I'm glad you agreed to this dinner Nicki"

"So am I" Nicki smiled.

~10:00pm

Hours went by as me and Nicki caught up.

"Wow, time has flown by" I stated

"Well, time flies when you're having fun" Nicki winked

I leant in to Nicki and gave her a kiss, I pulled her closer, deepening the kiss.

Nicki pulled away and gave me a wide smile.

"Let's go" I said in a soft voice

I pulled out my wallet and left the cash on the table. I took Nicki's hand and we made our way outside and to the car.

Minutes later I dropped Nicki off at her apartment. I walked her to her door and gave her another kiss.

"We could give this another go"

I kissed her again

"Good"

I pulled her closer and put my hands around her waist. She placed her hands on my neck and deepened the kiss.

"I'll call you tomorrow"

I watched as Nicki made her way inside.

I silently celebrated as I walked away.

Perfect ~