(30) Mavis?!

———————————-
POV changes to yours nearing the end, so if you don't care about a reunion or Zack's self consciousness you can skip to the bottom ^^
———————————————

_Zacharie's Point Of View_

"M-Mavis?!!" My voice squeaked as I stumbled back on Y/n's bed. (How is she— no.. she's not alive.. she's just like Johnnie.. she's a ghost— she has to be..)

"That's right, bitches. I'm back." She stood up straight, and glared javelins into me and Johnnie. Her stare sent cold shivers down my spine..

"What are you doing here?!" I asked, my voice still shaking.

"What do you mean 'what are you doing hear'?" Mavis stopped her glare, and lowered her head, a sigh stealing her breath. "I wanted to say that I'm sorry.. To Y/n.."

"HUH?!" Johnnie slammed his fist to the wall just behind Mavis, his voice quivering as mine had, but more determined than I could have been in that moment. (Mavis wants to apologize?! I want to believe that, but, something inside me says not to. I should hope that she wants to say she's sorry, but not not believe words right now. If she's actually sorry, she'll show with actions not words. Words have never meant anything—)

"What do you mean say you're sorry?!" Johnnie cut through my thoughts, his voice echoing in my head. "You can't just show up and pretend like you care about her! Don't pretend like you didn't try to kill her—!" His voice was going horse as he began crying, a sparkling tear sliding down his cheek.

"Enough." I said. I was quiet in case anyone passing by could hear. "That really is enough. Mavis. Are you telling me the truth? Do you really want to apologize to Y/n?" I questioned, keeping my tone as demanding as I could make it right then. (Words mean nothing.)

"I—.. I do. I want to apologize for being arrogant. And for provoking her and Jeff." She sighed, placing a hand on Johnnie's chest to push him away from his close distance. "Seeing her now, happy with him.. it makes me feel like an idiot. A complete and utter idiot. Im sorry for saying all of that to her, and insisting on fighting— oh and sorry for kicking you, Zack."

"Hm! It's fine." (>:^ It still hurt though.)

"I just wanted to try to make things right again.. although, I don't think other people can see ghosts. Say, how can you see me?"

"Uh.. I don't know.. I never thought about it.. I thought it was just Johnnie I could see, because I'd been there when he died, but, I guess I was there to see you die too so.. maybe it's just that? I don't know."

"How come you can just now see me though? I've been here since I died, following you guys around."

Johnnie made a face, speaking incredibly quietly. "Well that's creepy—"

".. Johnnie had that same problem. He said he'd been there the whole time, but I never saw him or anything."

"And another thing." Mavis smiled at me, just as teasing as she had all those times before."You cried for the emo weirdo, but not me?"

"Hey! Who are you calling a weirdo?! How am I any weirder than you?!" Johnnie's voice cracked, sounding a little peeved.

"You're much weirder than me, goth boy."

"EMO AND GOTH ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS."

"Whatever you say, you scene idiot." Mavis snickered.

"Pff!! Am I a grim reaper or do I have a rainbow on my head?! Make up your mind!"

A chuckle escaped my mouth as I sat on Y/n's bed, bringing my knee to my chest. It's just like the old days... Sort of. Johnnie's a lot livelier than when he was actually alive. Ironic, isn't it? Mavis laughed as she fazed through Johnnie, walking over to me. I stiffened some as she sat with me, but smiled nonetheless.