Chapter One: Being Kaneki

It's amazing how humans and ghouls act the same way despite their diet differences.

Ghouls eat humans while humans eat animals. Humans see ghouls as monsters because they kill them for food and I strongly believe that animals must see humans as monsters too after everything they've done to them.

Not so long ago... I watched one human turn in to a ghoul and saw his remorse every time he ate.

He was forced in to a life he didn't want just because he has a crush on one girl after all.

If only he got the right girl to have a crush on, he probably wouldn't be in this situation ever but... He won't also fall in love with her the way he is right now.

And I won't be having this chance to observe an almost soulless ghoul slowly turn into something almost human.

I smiled thinking how different they were from each other but so alike in a couple of ways.

First, they're good liars unless you know their indicators that they ate lying like touching the chin or not going in for the kill move.

Second, they would sacrifice for the ones they love. Both left Anteiku to join the Aogiri Tree

Third, parent issues they never got over with. One's with his father, the other with his mother.

Fourth, they both love a girl named Touka Kirishima. One had always and will always love her while pretending to hate her while the other loves her and will always love her while pretending he doesn't care about her that much.

I could go on enumerating but I can't be very distracted now...

I twirled around and giggled as raindrops fell from the sky.

I knew this night will be a good one.

Rain always brings out the most dramatic scenes in life anyway.

I waited for the particular boy I tailed for weeks now to come out of where he was hiding.

The clock strike twelve and it's finally showtime. I almost took out my notepad to write down some new ideas I will get to see tonight that I might be able to use in the future but, he moved too fast so I just followed skipping happily but carefully.

His wings were beautiful and scary at the same time. If angels of death are real, he might have been one if them.

After begging his sister to stay with him and receiving silence from her, he ran until he couldn't breathe or move anymore.

Eventually, his knees gave up under his weight and every cough he did came with a mouthful of blood.

I thought he was finally going to die. His body was stressed and worked out too much while still bearing heavy physical and emotional damage from the last battle he had.

He was lying on his back in a dark deserted street dying when an insignificant girl his age saw him and had a good heart to check on him, thinking he might be some human in need.

Being what he is, she was really helpful and was something very good to him.

She helped him recover his strength and her flesh tasted very good.

He ate everything without even stopping to think about his actions. He just dove in to the pleasure of satisfying his hunger.

When his hunger was finally satiated, his senses came back and he saw the remains of his meal.

Her brown hair, her now blood soaked school uniform, her black flat shoes and her floral school bag.

He looked like he would have vomited her out of him if it was possible to resurrect her that way.

He screamed in agony, just like the Kaneki when he gets an internal struggle, but no sound came out of his mouth, the same way the other did.

In his panic, he started running again to wash away his guilt. For the first time in his life, he finally understood what the word guilt really meant.

He tried to starve himself by abstaining from eating but it was too much of a challenge for him.

When he gets hungry, his mind shuts off every thought he has and makes him give in to his hunger like a savage animal.

But every time he was done eating, he would remember the school ID of the insignificant girl that was splattered with her own blood while hanging on one of her ribs... He never forgot about her ever since that night turning her from someone insignificant into a haunting memory.

After that, he found a new way of stalking his prey.

He mocked his sister and called her pathetic for eating humans who committed suicide but now, he's doing his own version of it.

He doesn't pretend to be human to be accepted by humans. He pretends to be a kind of god to save them from their woes.

He eats everything edible on his prey, runs, hides, sleeps and repeats it all over again. That was how his life went on for him.

At first, after eating a meal, he would go to a different location far from where he previously was to avoid getting caught.

On the second day, he gets himself familiar with his new surroundings in case he needed to catch someone or escape somebody.

On the third day, he will be stalking a house or a school, looking for a target.

The target is usually someone troubled, weak and desperate.

On the fourth day, he will corner his prey and offer a way of escaping the world they were in.

The next day, he would eat and the cycle starts again.

He has never failed to get his meals so far which really impresses me.

Maybe its something about his hair, his eyes, his black badass clothes, his cold demeanor, his icy attitude or his tortured soul over all look that moves his prey to accept his offer.

I stopped myself from squealing when I almost slipped because of a puddle of water as I followed him tonight.

I don't want to interrupt his method or give him any indication that he hasn't freed himself completely yet.

Will it go smoothly like Kara, Erin, Chin, Gaston and Fujima?

He finally stopped behind a house.

I sat on the ledge of a window and watched as a girl came out and offered her hand out to him.

(Author's Note! <3)

So...

What do you think? XD

Do you have any idea from whose perspective this chapter was taken from?

I left some clues and hard core fans would probably be able to figure it out.

Do you think the chapter's title was appropriate?

Please vote and comment your thoughts!

Thank you...

PS

I don't own Tokyo Ghoul and its characters but all other original characters and this fanfic is all my idea and effort so please don't copy or translate without my permission.

Peace out everyone.
Spread the love!

follow•read•vote•comment•share

*smooch*
<3