Chapter Four: Tobio

"Aaahhh!"

I woke up screaming as my mind played the memories I've been trying to forget for as long as I've lived. I'm still shivering when I stood up from my bed and drank water from the jug near my bed. Luckily or unluckily, depending on my mood, I live alone.

The sun is just rising. It's always been a beautiful sight. I used to love how it slowly brightens the dark sky. But now... It's still beautiful. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I brought the empty jug to the kitchen and grabbed my towel. It's good that I woke up early today, considering it'll be my last.

I took a shower and felt the icy cold water seep in to me. The cold is always welcome to me.

I laughed remembering how a small teenage boy with cold eyes suddenly showed up in front of my door a couple of days ago and gave me a chilly feeling I've never had before. Everyone would not believe what's about to happen today.

I dressed up, fixed my long hair and grabbed my bag and the annoying paper bag that is partly the bane of my existence.

The streets are still quiet. Probably because most people is just starting to wake up. I turned a corner and bumped in to someone.

"Tobio!" A deep female voice squeaked when someone's head bumped to my chest.

I almost laughed. "Good morning Ai-chan."

"Shut up." Airina, my boyish childhood friend, growled as she flipped a finger at me after she pushed me off of her.

"Why?" I teased. "You called me by my name even before you saw my face."

Airina blushed and punched my chest which made me wince. "I know it'll be you since you always come to my house to eat breakfast stupid."

I grinned and made kissing noises. "I love you Ai-chan."

"How I'd love to starve you Tobio..." She replied in a teasing way too as she pinched my nose so hard.

"Ow." I tickled her waist so she'd let me go.

We both laughed heartily.

"Stop annoying me just for today. Okay?" She asked me after we're already back in our right minds.

"Why are you extra annoyed for today?" I poked around her mental state. I should be the one in her current mood though.

"I don't have to explain to you." She pushed my chest again and turned around. "I didn't prepare breakfast on a plate. I made a breakfast to go. We still have a lot to do."

I caught the package she threw my way and smiled. "Thanks chef Ai-chan."

"Tobio!" She growled.

"Okay. Okay... Airina." I chuckled and started eating the homemade curry bread she probably made last night before she went to sleep. "This tastes good as usual Airina."

I could imagine her grinning when she said, "Have I ever cooked something less than being great?"

We walked silently towards the school while eating. I have my mind on the event later tonight. She probably have her mind on the event later in the afternoon.

"Tobio! Airina..." A cute female voice sang from behind us.

Airina turned around and I noticed her frown for a fraction of a second.

I turn my head to the side and saw our classroom idol Aika running towards us. I suppressed a grin.

Airina never liked Aika but Aika seems to be so clingy to Airina, our class president.