Chapter Two: Alana

He said he'll be here by midnight.

I walked up and down the stairs agitated.

I still don't have an answer for him but I wanted to ask something...

As I turned around, I saw a pair of bright red wings moving from roof to roof towards me.

I prepared myself.

The boy with blue hair who gave me a note a few days ago gracefully landed on his feet in front of me with his kagune in proud display.

"Do you have an answer?" He demanded behind his black rabbit face mask.

"I-"

I have.

I'm just scared of it.

"No... I don't have an answer yet." I explained as I looked at the ground. "But... I have something to ask."

He must be very annoyed by me behind his expressionless mask. "What is it?"

I didn't know if talking with his meal was something he usually does but me being a meal has never happened to me before so I swallowed my fear and opened my mouth.

"Will it hurt?" I asked quite braver than I actually am.

He took off his hood and ran his fingers through his hair. "I don't know..."

"Have your food ever asked you that question?" He added as he took a few steps away from me and leaned on the wall as I leaned on the rails.

I felt mad and ashamed at the same time.

Mad for being compared to food and ashamed for that was all I am for him if I tell him that I agree to his offer.

"Is there anything else you need?" He asked with a harsh voice.

"I don't need anything else." I murmured.

"So what's your answer?" He repeated the most important question for him.

"I agree with it." I said without looking at him. "I'll meet you here again tomorrow night."

"You said you agree..." He whispered as he stood up straight and put on his hood back. "I will still hunt you down even if you don't show up."

His words sent shivers down my spine. "I'll show up. I'm serious about this."

"Yes. You might actually show up." He turned around and sent me a shard of his kagune that cut a few strands of my short hair. "But if you show up with CCG investigators or anyone else... The next shard that comes your way will surely make you bleed and I'll eat you slowly after I've killed everyone you involve in this."

My heart thumped painfully as he started to run away to hide again.

I'm not so sure I did the right choice of accepting his offer...

I sighed and walked back towards my house.

A couple of distance away, I could already hear my mother's cries.

Some nights, she would cry in pain while most of the time, like tonight, she is crying in pleasure.

I cringed as I sneaked in to the house from the back door.

"Oi. You're late." A half naked man with big fat belly growled at me.

I was supposed to be mute for my mother's clients so instead of cursing, I just pressed my back to the wall and looked down at our filthy floor.

"I paid a lot of money for your ass girl. I don't care if you can't speak. I want your ass. Now!" He demanded as his eyes devoured me.

My mother was a runaway teen because she liked the partying life. One condom-less one night stand, she had me and since then, she used her charms and her body to gain our needs and her wants.