Three: Hard Decisions and Difficult Discussions

A few months later, Echo got Wrecker and Tech to talk.

"We can't stay with Cid. Hunter would want us to protect Omega. How can we when we are with Cid?" Echo asked.

"I....don't know what to do then! Hunter would want us to do what's best for that kid," Wrecker sighed.

"I was thinking that if we ever left Cid, we could join the Rebellion," Tech threw in.

Wrecker and Echo just stared at him.

"The Rebellion? Why the Rebellion?" Echo asked.

"Omega would be safer there. And, yes, they would put us on missions, but we could trust them more than Cid, or anyone else."

"That sounds reasonable. We should contact Rex first. It would probably be best if Omega didn't see him, though," Echo added quietly. Wrecker and Tech nodded.

"That would be the best idea. We—"

Tech was cut off when the Gonk Droid started floating.

"Whoa! Wha' is goin' on?" Wrecker asked, amazed.

"Hey guys, I—Why is Gonky flying?" Omega walked in, sniffing.

"That's what we're trying to figure out!"

The Batch stared in awe as the droid beeped with confusion, and then fell.

"What just happened?" Omega asked, amazed for the first time in a long time.

"I—we don't know," Wrecker put in.

Sadly, the Omega they all knew and loved didn't stay long. She soon was back to the sad, grieving girl.

"Hey kid, come here," Echo motioned Omega to come closer, and he picked her up and put her on his lap, like Hunter did once. "We talked for a while, and we decided to join the Rebellion. You'd be safe with people we can trust, and it would be harder for the bounty hunters, the Empire, and the Kaminoans, to find you. It's what Hunter was planing to do."

"So....we're going to the Rebellion now?"

"Soon. First we need to make some calls," Tech threw in.

"Hey, kid. Wanna do some target practice?" Wrecker asked, making eye motions to Tech and Echo to call Rex while he distracted Omega.

So Echo contacted the Clone commander.

"Rex. Are you there?"

"What? Who is this?"

"It's Echo."

"Oh! Echo. Sorry, couldn't hear you."

"It's fine."

"What do you need?"

"We want to join the Rebellion, but we don't know how."

Rex was silent for a few moments.

"I'll call you back. Give me a few minutes."

"Sir yes sir."

Tech took a few deep breaths. "Why didn't you tell him about Hunter?"

"I will....just not right now. I feel like it's too soon."

"Good point."

The transmitter started beeping again as Wrecker and Omega started walking into the room. Echo started making frantic eye motions at Tech and Wrecker, but only Tech saw.

"I would like to see Omega's accuracy possess. I have just finished fixing what Echo insisted I had to fix. Please, will you show me?"

"Okay! Camon kid! Let's show Uncle Tech what you can do!"