Diagon Alley

Walking through Diagon Alley, both Teddy and I were disguised. I may have come back to London, but I was not ready to make a public entrance. Having dressed Teddy, I placed a beanie over his head, he may not be well known, but anyone would guess who the *Metamorphmagus child's parents were (Metamorphmagus - can change their appearance), so I couldn't risk anyone seeing his hair, as that was his biggest indicator. And he looked adorable

After dressing Teddy, I wore a casual blue dress and put on my black cloak, my hair in a bun at the base of my neck

(Plz pretend its black, not red)

pulling the cloak up as far as I could, I wrapped it on the side in front of me, to conceal Teddy, and apparated to the Leaky Cauldron

pulling the cloak up as far as I could, I wrapped it on the side in front of me, to conceal Teddy, and apparated to the Leaky Cauldron. Tapping my wand on the bricks, Teddy and I stepped into the bustling streets of Diagon Alley and made out way to the book store. When entering the store, it became clear that it was empty other than a few students looking for books, and the shopkeeper pacing between bookshelves, but upon seeing me walked over, a distrustful look on his face and over-enthusiasm evident in his voice.

"Hello Madam, can I help you get something?" His voice dripping with suspicion, thinking I am here to start trouble. Not having time for his stereotyping, I hand him my list of school books.

- The standard book of spells, Level 7

- Advanced Potions, Level 7

- Advance Transfiguration, Level 7

- Advanced Rune Translation

- Advance Book of Spells, Level 7

- Defence Against the Dark Arts, Level 7

I wait at the counter while he gathers the books, but upon placing them on the counter, he holds a hand over them, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Your arm. I need to see your left arm" accusation and hate radiating off him, as I lift my cloak just enough for my left forearm to be completely visible. Handing him the required money, I shrink my books and slip them into my beaded bag, which is also concealed in my cloak, and leave the store. My potions supplies already completely stocked, I take Teddy to get him some ice cream before remembering that I need to restock Arty's treats. Walking in the PetStore, sad but fond memories rush back to me of Crookshanks, having died during the final battle, trying to protect Ginny, who he stayed with during my year... travelling.

I was brought out of my daze by running into someone, my cloak rising enough to show my face. Muttering a quick and quiet "I'm sorry" before re-positioning my cloak and making sure that Teddy was ok, I continue back to the entrance to Diagon Alley.

"Grang- Teddy, wait" frozen in shock at someone knowing Teddy, I turn slowly, to be met with steely grey eyes staring back at me and a hand wrapping around my wrist.

Draco's Pov:

grabbing her wrist and pulling her with me, I manoeuvre through the crowd till I get to the Leaky Cauldron, and walk up into my room. Closing the door, I turn and see her curling in on herself, her eyes tracking my every move.

"Granger? What are you doing here?" My voice soft, I could not help but remember all those weeks of headlines questioning the missing heroine

"I believe it was you that pulled me here, Malfoy" her voice both inexplicably calm and dripping sarcasm.

"I mean, why are you, the brightest witch of your age, and the brains of the golden trio, hiding your identity while in Diagon alley?" Seeing her in the bookstore, as she always ensured her hood was up, and never speaking, what was she hiding?

"Maybe I wasn't very talkative toda-" she was cut off by a loud, shill cry, "oh, sweetie, sweetie no" her voice becoming soft and gentle as she removed a bundle from her cloak, a bundle I later realised must be Teddy Lupin.

"Is that him? Is that Teddy?"

"Yes, it is"

"He looks like you. Do you mind if I?" indicating to his beanie, Hermione nods and takes it off. His hair was almost the exact shade of mine, his skin pale with a dust of freckles, and large, brown, doe eyes. He looked like Granger, as much as he looked like me. "why does he look like me?"

"He's a Metamorphmagus, he can-"

"change his appearance" I cut her off, and smile slightly at the thought that I didn't need something explained to me by Granger, but to my surprise, she smiled too.

chuckling to herself lightly, Granger placed a now sleeping baby back onto her chest and wrapping her cloak more securely around her.

"So, you're going back to Hogwarts this year then? I suppose that means that you got HeadGirl? of course you did"

"Yes, I am going back, and yes I got the position. What about you? are you going back?" her head tilting to the side as she takes in his stance, confused at why he is being nice

"haha yeah, I figured I might as well finish up my schooling and then go t- why are you looking at me like that?" she was openly staring now

"You. You're being nice, at least I think you are" her eyes widen and her hand (not so) subtly inched to her hand to her wand

"No no, I am, I mean, I'm trying to, I-argh." taking a breath and steadying myself, I start again, "I am trying to change, to start to make up for my mistakes in the past"

"You're trying to....atone?"

"yes"

"well, if you can manage to get through this school year and not go back to your old ways, then I guess you would have succeeded" her smile was small but bright as she spoke, "I'm sorry, but I need to go, Teddy and I need to go back to my parents' house"

"Oh yes, of course. Well then, see you at Hogwarts Granger"

"See you then, Malfoy"