We're Ready For Him

Draco's Pov:

I don't remember what happened, all I remember is..... is blue light, a hand on my face, and a voice. Groaning, I pull myself up into a sitting position and look around. I'm in my room?

Green, floor-resting, king-size bed, a plush grey armchair in the corner, dark wood furniture, and dark green walls

Green, floor-resting, king-size bed, a plush grey armchair in the corner, dark wood furniture, and dark green walls. Standing up, I pull my shirt over my head and see my body littered with bruises and scrapes, and muscles stiff. Stretching my arms, I hear a soft gasp followed by shuffling around. Turning to my second armchair which is in the corner, I see Hermione's small figure curled up in a rather uncomfortable position, squirming and panting, small sobs wracking her body. It takes me a second to realize that she is asleep and that the sobs the rip through her are caused by nightmares.

Walking hurriedly, I drop to my knees beside her and gently try to soothe her.

"Hermione please, it's just a nightmare" still she thrashed, "Shhhh shh Mione', it's ok. It's ok" still she thrashed, then she sobbed, then she screamed. A scream that has haunted me since the Drawing Room of Malfoy Manor. She screamed and screamed, then absolutely broke me; she scratched at her arm, she clawed at it. Grabbing her arms and shaking her awake, her fearful eyes shoot open and she jumps upon seeing me so close.

"D-Draco? Is it really you?" pulling her to my chest, I make soothing and comforting noises and flatten her hair.

"Yes, yes it is me. Shhh it's ok"

Before I knew it, I was lying on my back on the hardwood floor, before getting pulled up by the shoulders of my shirt,

"Wha- Hermione what are you doing?"

"You should be resting. In bed"

"But wh-"

"Why! I'll tell you why Draco Malfoy. Because you, you idiot, were flying in one of the worst storms Hogwarts has seen in years! You were flying in it on a bloody broom! Were you trying to get yourself killed? Because that's what it looked like." pausing, she takes a shuddering breath, steady's herself, and then pushed me down onto my bed, squatted down beside the bed, and draping the blankets over me, and making sure I had enough pillows. Taking another breath, she speaks in barely a whisper, "Draco... Why did you do it? Why didn't you come back into the school when you sent the others in? Why did you stay outside, Draco?"

Raising her head, I see tears streaming her face and a confused accusation in her eyes. Sitting up and pulling the blankets down, I place a hand on her cheek. As she leans into my touch, silent tears still flowing down her face, I pull her into a tight, crushing hug, making her have to climb onto the mattress beside me, I move so that I am now sitting up completely.

"I'm so sorry Mione'. I was thinking and lost track of the storm, and I-"

"Don't call me that"

"What?"